• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Better?

Not quite as concise as "everyone lost their damned minds". That's a lot easier. Or even better "bunch of people done lost their damned minds".

lol

Isn't there some quote about there being two constants in the universe, hydrogen and stupidity? I chalk it up to that, a universal constant in play. Maroons on a mission.

Hydrogen is not a constant-it is continually being burned up in stars. One day there will be none.

There are 600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes less Hydrogen every day in the observable Universe.

Better?

Not quite as concise as "everyone lost their damned minds". That's a lot easier. Or even better "bunch of people done lost their damned minds".

lol

Isn't there some quote about there being two constants in the universe, hydrogen and stupidity? I chalk it up to that, a universal constant in play. Maroons on a mission.

Hydrogen is not a constant-it is continually being burned up in stars. One day there will be none.

There are 600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes less Hydrogen every day in the observable Universe.

If by "burned up", you mean fused into heavier elements....that would be correct. Matter/energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can just change form.

Better?

lol

If by "burned up", you mean fused into heavier elements....that would be correct. Matter/energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can just change form.

First law of thermodynamics. :preach:

Just got back fun movie, more character development, more plot development for future stuff. My favorite scene was when Iron Man in the Hulk Buster suit drops the Hulk into the building under construction. Looked to me like an Homage to Fantastic Four 26 cover

when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

That is my biggest complaint with this movie. I am so tired of the huge battle with robots we seem to get once or twice a year from Hollywood.

I also think the comic book Ultron looks much scarier than what we got on screen. The mouth could have been awesome with a red glow deep inside that modulated to the voice. Instead we got a more or less human mouth on a robot!

Overall, a decent movie, but please, let's not have any more massive heroes versus robots in any more Marvel movies for a while.

Yeah, it does make me wonder how many more of these they can make before people start losing interest. I enjoyed the movie, but it felt like it was a little played out. The battles are really starting to run together.

This weekend's box office take is going to decide if Avengers AOU has what it takes to join the first Avengers movie in the $600+ million club domestically or comes up short. My prediction is it will finish around $500 million, below the Dark Knight and Avengers, but ahead of most other superhero movies domestically. There is no real competition this weekend, so it should do well. Next weekend, we have the Mad Max movie.

Worldwide I think Avengers AOU will top the first Avengers movie and break $1 billion.

Also, it is interesting that American Sniper knocked off The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - part 1 to finish as the top movie last year domestically. GOTG was 3rd. Hard to believe the top box office movie was under $350 million domestically. Last time that happened was 2007 when Spider-Man 3 topped the box office for the year.

Just got back fun movie, more character development, more plot development for future stuff. My favorite scene was when Iron Man in the Hulk Buster suit drops the Hulk into the building under construction. Looked to me like an Homage to Fantastic Four 26 cover

I thought the same thing.

Movie's plot serves to:

1) Set-up Cap vs Stark conflict.

2) Introduce Wakanda.

3) Introduce the next batch of Avengers.

4) Bring Fury back into play.

5) The Vision.

6) Send Hulk into exile -- because they don't know how to write for him.

7) Delete Whedon's twitter account.

8) Make people ask: why another army of CGI villains?

9) Why no Thanos?

10) Box office.

when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

That is my biggest complaint with this movie. I am so tired of the huge battle with robots we seem to get once or twice a year from Hollywood.

I also think the comic book Ultron looks much scarier than what we got on screen. The mouth could have been awesome with a red glow deep inside that modulated to the voice. Instead we got a more or less human mouth on a robot!

Overall, a decent movie, but please, let's not have any more massive heroes versus robots in any more Marvel movies for a while.

Yeah, it does make me wonder how many more of these they can make before people start losing interest. I enjoyed the movie, but it felt like it was a little played out. The battles are really starting to run together.

I think they're aware of the potential burnout with these characters and this type of movie, that's why they had to add more characters, and up the internal conflict, ultimately resulting in civil war. I think they know this whole 'MCU' thing has a somewhat limited shelf life, and while they'll do their best and get all the money they can, they'll be moving I think to outer space (or very street level) for a while after Avengers Infinity War ends.

Inhumans, Guadians of the Galaxy 3 (now with Captain Marvel), Nova, Warlock?, Inhumans 2, leading to something like annihilation? maybe mix in a few one-offs (Ms. Marvel for the kids, howard the duck, Punisher? Winter Soldier?)

Movie's plot serves to:

2) Introduce Wakanda.

5) The Vision.

9) Why no Thanos?

10) Box office.

Sounds about right.

Movie's plot serves to:

2) Introduce Wakanda.

5) The Vision.

9) Why no Thanos?

10) Box office.

Sounds about right.

11) Stress out anyone speculating on Warlocks first appearance.