• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

getting badges was easier than getting a parking permit this year.

i think a small amount of people got permits.. wasted my day off doing nothing on the computer...

I didn't get it. Wasted an hour this morning from 9-10 am. Then was to reopen at 3:15, then they decided to open at 2:45. Guess some one was trying to hack the site. I live in SD and went down in person to see what was up with the site. The site was always timed out or server not located. I can't win at any tix related to SDCC. Hopefully they fix the site.

I just got mine. 3 times it told me my email address wasn't valid before it finally worked. I have a feeling that the real reason that it was rejecting my order is because I somehow had parking at the convention center in my cart on days that were actually already sold out. When I deleted them and purchased at the Hilton, it worked no problem. Now I just need to confirm that they didn't charge me for those first 3 failed attempts. Apparently, several people are seeing those charges on the credit card accounts.

I got charged twice for the convention parking when it was up around 6:30 pm on Tuesday. I assumed I got the passes but didn't since it didn't show up on my reserved purchases. I ended up purchasing campus as a backup yesterday in case.

I did speak with Jose (the one in charge of the convention parking) so I got it straighten out I canceled my campus spaces since my 2 transactions was processed for the convention center and my campus lots are still pending. The owner of ACE sent an email earlier today telling me that I can purchase convention parking next Thursday.

Hey Board Family,

I am very out of the loop. I am trying to figure out how if possible. Can i get a ticket for the show? did they do the refunds yet? Is anyone on this board. That has an extra pass. four day. That can help a visionally inpaired brother out. I really would like to see the convention with my eyes wile I still have sight . One last time. I missed the dam ticket sales due to being at a special school for the lind. If anyone can hook me up that would reek of awsomness.

send me a p.m. f

the comicpimp out

Will hotels in gaslamp let you park there for their fee during the SD con?

I believe that during SDCC, only hotel guests are allowed to park in the hotel's lot. After attending SDCC for 25 years, I remember the first of the big crowds during preview night, when I kept driving around looking for a parking spot until I found a space when a car was pulling out of the paid lots. After this incident, I always came around 5:30 AM to find my parking space, but got too tired by 8 PM. Reserve a parking space if you still can.

Still looking like you can reserve parking.

https://space.aceparking.com/events/comic-con

I believe that during SDCC, only hotel guests are allowed to park in the hotel's lot. After attending SDCC for 25 years, I remember the first of the big crowds during preview night, when I kept driving around looking for a parking spot until I found a space when a car was pulling out of the paid lots. After this incident, I always came around 5:30 AM to find my parking space, but got too tired by 8 PM. Reserve a parking space if you still can.

Thanks. I think I've decided to just take taxis to and from my hotel (about 6 miles away). I'll be relying on bag check so I only have to go back to my room once a day. Never done this before as I have always stayed in gaslamp, but this year I struck out on the hotel lottery and not willing to pay $800+ for a room.

Thanks. I think I've decided to just take taxis to and from my hotel (about 6 miles away). I'll be relying on bag check so I only have to go back to my room once a day. Never done this before as I have always stayed in gaslamp, but this year I struck out on the hotel lottery and not willing to pay $800+ for a room.

did you sign up for the waitlist? you might call travel planners. I know they have downtown hotels avail to waitlist folks

You might also just randomly log into their site and see if you can book a downtown room

did you sign up for the waitlist? you might call travel planners. I know they have downtown hotels avail to waitlist folks

You might also just randomly log into their site and see if you can book a downtown room

i just went to the hotel site and saw plenty of rooms at con rates on the shuttle route.

Anyone needing a place to stay at SDCC, hit me up. I have a hide-a-bed available and will be about one-mile from the venue.

EDIT: Might be willing to take one more person if you can obtain an air mattress.

EDIT 2: No, the stay isn't free but it will be reasonable. The place has a kitchen in it too with a fridge and AC.

Just do a little research to see which bus line your hotel is on, and grab a $20 4-day bus pass. Most times you can grab a trolley to a bus interchange and get a direct route to any cluster of hotels in the city.

Trying to flag down taxis while the exiting Preview Night crowds overwhelm the vehicle is NOT fun. Trust me on this one.

I always travel via taxi at SDCC. Parking fees are brutal and you'll likely get nowhere near the convention center in a car. Parking is a nightmare down there. There are people selling parking passes on eBay, but I don't know how reliable that is.