• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Better buy........

21 posts in this topic

Ok, we'll what do you all think, in lights of recent events that a flash movie might come out in 2016 and JLA in 2017, which is a better buy, a BB28 or a Flash 105 and JLA 1 ( all these are in 2.0 shape) I'm thinking flash 105 and JLA 1 as then I can get a book for both movies, BB28 is the superior to JLA 1 of course but if I get BB28 then who knows what will happen with flash, and I'll miss out on the movie speculation train (already missed the avengers 55 one doh! )

If you want to play the speculation game,none of the books would work for me.

I would go for any first appearance of an early Marvel character.

AF 15,Journey into Mystery 83,Hulk #1,Tales of Suspense 39,X-Men 1,Daredevil 1,Avengers 1 and so on.Just to ride the Marvel/Disney train all the way to the top. (thumbs u

AF 15,Journey into Mystery 83,Hulk #1,Tales of Suspense 39,X-Men 1,Daredevil 1,Avengers 1 and so on.Just to ride the Marvel/Disney train all the way to the top. (thumbs u

Out of curiosity, why don't you think DC first appearances are an opportunity as well?

Is it exclusively because of the power of Disney?

Out of curiosity, why don't you think DC first appearances are an opportunity as well?

I am an equal opportunity kind of guy.DC's are going places,and I believe you should buy DC keys just as much as Marvel.I just feel that they will not go up in value as much as those early Marvel keys.The OP was asking about "speculation".

Ya, I think I'll buy the brave and the bold and then later on get a flash 105 or a early showcase featuring the flash, and yes, it IS expensive, DC keys are good to get now as DC might actually start expanding their franchise and they are much harder to find than marvel keys, ( no matter how much AF 15 goes for, it's still quite common of you have the money)

Ok, we'll what do you all think, in lights of recent events ... which is a better buy, a BB28 or a Flash 105 and JLA 1....

Flash 105 is the best comic of the three, both -script wise and art wise. Admittedly the Justice Leagues do have more attractive covers but I'd still give the overall edge to the Flash comic. It's older too and tougher to find. Unless you're being pulled toward either of the two Justice Leagues for reasons of nostalgia because you once bought them off the newsstand or saw teaser ads for them in a Superman comic you were reading at the barber shop, I'd therefore buy a Flash 105.

None of these things is going to change whatever events transpire.

(shrug)

Ya, I think I'll buy the brave and the bold and then later on get a flash 105 or a early showcase featuring the flash, and yes, it IS expensive, DC keys are good to get now as DC might actually start expanding their franchise and they are much harder to find than marvel keys, ( no matter how much AF 15 goes for, it's still quite common of you have the money)

This

DC keys are literally (according to the census) 5-10x harder to find that Marvel keys. Look at how many copies of AF #15, or ASM #1 are on eBay, and compare that to how many Showcase #4 copies or B&B #28. If you can find DC keys for decent prices, then I say invest. Marvel keys are already high in price and have a much higher supply.

I'm personally putting my money into Superman #76. It is a Golden Age key that is pretty hard to find, and hasn't seen any bump yet. You can get low grade copies for $300.

I am an equal opportunity kind of guy.DC's are going places,and I believe you should buy DC keys just as much as Marvel.I just feel that they will not go up in value as much as those early Marvel keys.The OP was asking about "speculation".

I don't know much about speculating, but DC books sure are percolating!

From your mouth to Gods ears. :wishluck:

+1000

plus I would buy more Disney stock. lol

Ok, we'll what do you all think, in lights of recent events that a flash movie might come out in 2016 and JLA in 2017, which is a better buy, a BB28 or a Flash 105 and JLA 1 ( all these are in 2.0 shape) I'm thinking flash 105 and JLA 1 as then I can get a book for both movies, BB28 is the superior to JLA 1 of course but if I get BB28 then who knows what will happen with flash, and I'll miss out on the movie speculation train (already missed the avengers 55 one doh! )

BB28 as a first appearance will trump a second appearance most of the time.

From your mouth to Gods ears. :wishluck:

:luhv:

+1000

plus I would buy more Disney stock. lol

I would, but I spent all my spare dollars on raw copies of IM55.

I am going to take such a huge loss these babies now.

(shrug)