• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

Good job, everyone. Justice prevails. :applause:

If only it weren't so temporary. There isn't much eBay can do about this--shut one down, scammer refines his technique and does it again. They ban the account, scammer creates another. The ultimate solution will be true identity verification of individuals across the Internet so that people can't act anonymously behind multiple throwaway user accounts, but that's a bit away, probably at least a decade or two. I'm not quite sure what the holdup is, but I'm curious about it. I know fingerprint scanners are pretty reliable and cheap now. Might be a political issue at this point. hm

I think one of the Einstein's at ebay spotted the Bleeding Cool article and thought

"maybe this is a scam after all".

What scares me is that some of the guys bidding on it with the intent to win it might message the seller off ebay and try to get things moving that way. Then they certainly have no recourse.

Hopefully the bidders realize it was taken down for a reason and to consider themselves saved.

What scares me is that some of the guys bidding on it with the intent to win it might message the seller off ebay and try to get things moving that way. Then they certainly have no recourse.

Hopefully the bidders realize it was taken down for a reason and to consider themselves saved.

What's the old saying about a fool and his money?

What's the old saying about a fool and his money?

The two should have never gotten together in the first place.

This auction is for a Amazing Fantasy #15 reprint only, not an original, pictures listed above do not represent the comic in anyway nor do they represent the reprint comic being sold. Bidder/Buyer accepts that they have read this full auction listing.

In jolly J Jonah Jameson

This guy is shady as hell