• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I have a tier system. If I like you, I will defend you for free. If I disliked you in the past, I will only defend you for a Silver Age key or Copper keys in 9.8. :)

When Brock got his first strike I defended him. While on his strike, he saw my comments. He went ahead and sent me a free copy of ASM 30 as a nice gesture for sticking up for him.

Let us know what you get this time! :popcorn:

Should be something better, lots more work this time.

And I think dancing on someones grave is in poor taste.

The dicey thing about this message board stuff is that in most cases you only know about a person from what they post. It's how it goes. You seem to take issue with me because of how I respond to him. Fine, that's your choice.

However, how about taking issue with the other person because of what caused me to make that comment? There's an action/reaction thing going on. You can't ignore one in favor of the other. Is it because he's a "good guy" in your eyes? What leads you to proclaim him to be a good guy because from what I've seen of his board presence I am of a different opinion.

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime,

As a recipient of some of the items he shipped as part of the donations I made for Beau's family, and after seeing how they were packed and shipped and how irreplaceable those items were, he should probably not add any information about that episode to his resume.

Ahhh. Well, I can't recall everything about that - I thought he was just shipping out Beau's Kareema Lou comics (that's what I got). Was there other stuff, too?

Yes, he shipped out Beau's Kareema Lou comics. I donated $100 to the family for 1 copy signed by Beau and one unsigned. They came in a thin paper envelope the exact size of the comic (no box, no real protection) with all 4 corners mashed and the books bent.

The book signed by Beau was to be a personal keepsake of a great guy, and it was shipped in the least safe way possible outside of slapping a stamp on the outside of the bag and board.

I almost blamed Pat Bollin for it because he's the one I sent the money to. Brock left his name off of the return address so I am sure people receiving the books had no way of knowing that it wasn't Pat that decided to ship them like that.

Given the emotion tied to the donation and the book I was getting back, I contacted Pat and told him I would have had no problem throwing in $5 to ship the books the right way, Pat had to explain to me he wasn't the one who shipped them.

I know I wasn't the only one who complained.

@ Chris S, how do you feel about him after reading this?

The dicey thing about this message board stuff is that in most cases you only know about a person from what they post. It's how it goes. You seem to take issue with me because of how I respond to him. Fine, that's your choice.

However, how about taking issue with the other person because of what caused me to make that comment? There's an action/reaction thing going on. You can't ignore one in favor of the other. Is it because he's a "good guy" in your eyes? What leads you to proclaim him to be a good guy because from what I've seen of his board presence I am of a different opinion.

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime,

As a recipient of some of the items he shipped as part of the donations I made for Beau's family, and after seeing how they were packed and shipped and how irreplaceable those items were, he should probably not add any information about that episode to his resume.

Ahhh. Well, I can't recall everything about that - I thought he was just shipping out Beau's Kareema Lou comics (that's what I got). Was there other stuff, too?

Yes, he shipped out Beau's Kareema Lou comics. I donated $100 to the family for 1 copy signed by Beau and one unsigned. They came in a thin paper envelope the exact size of the comic (no box, no real protection) with all 4 corners mashed and the books bent.

The book signed by Beau was to be a personal keepsake of a great guy, and it was shipped in the least safe way possible outside of slapping a stamp on the outside of the bag and board.

I almost blamed Pat Bollin for it because he's the one I sent the money to. Brock left his name off of the return address so I am sure people receiving the books had no way of knowing that it wasn't Pat that decided to ship them like that.

Given the emotion tied to the donation and the book I was getting back, I contacted Pat and told him I would have had no problem throwing in $5 to ship the books the right way, Pat had to explain to me he wasn't the one who shipped them.

I'm guessing pretty good.

Because cool books.

I was aware of this and actually received one of the books. I was surprised by the packaging, but my book was undamaged. It was a fundraiser though and the idea was to keep cost low. I'm not sure what else to say…

I'm not trying to be Brock's knight or defender. I don't expect anything from him and if you and I were friends I'd stick up for you too.

Clearly you have a hard on for Brock and want to chase him off. I've seen similar behavior out of you before and in our back and forth received multiple PMs from a handful of users to be careful what I say to you. You have a reputation around the boards and I'd prefer to not have you set your crosshairs on me so I'll leave this alone.

I like Brock, so shoot me. I don't seem to be alone either.

Brock is a nice enough guy in person, and I don't say that because I've bought something from him or sold him anything. The business we've done is negligible in the greater picture. I'm just basing that on the fact that we've hung out with him a few times.

Online, people edit themselves differently than they do face to face and sometimes people (much like myself) don't even realize how their written word might be perceived differently than their spoken word by others.

I do personally think he is a little too strongly opinionated online at times, and could possibly pick his battles or his words more carefully but I don't think he's a deceiving, nefarious or purposefully mischievous person. There are plenty of those people around here and people continue to hang out with them, buy their stuff or support them in one way or another. As an aside, I often shake my head at how people continue to throw tons of good money at shady characters and yet are members in good standing here. I don't judge them for it but I wonder how they justify it.

I just think Brock has got some of his social handicaps like we all do and certain personalities just rub each other the wrong way. I know there are a few 'terrific board members' out there that can't stand me. Oh well. Their loss. :blush:

I would just like to say that Brock / Columbia Comics is the best board member there is.

And yes I am saying that for free comics to be sent to me.

Yeah, yeah, of course Brockley is.

By the way, I can recieve shipments in Philly, Jersey, or Florida. Whatever destination is cheapest shipping-wise.

I do personally think he is a little too strongly opinionated online at times,

if this was posted as a description of a board member, 100 people would probably have 100 different answers

I just think Brock has got some of his social handicaps like we all do and certain personalities just rub each other the wrong way.

We call them social "special challenges" now.

Clearly you have a hard on for Brock and want to chase him off. I've seen similar behavior out of you before and in our back and forth received multiple PMs from a handful of users to be careful what I say to you. You have a reputation around the boards and I'd prefer to not have you set your crosshairs on me so I'll leave this alone.

Do you need any other ASM? I'd like to know who? (although, I can probably name a few of them)

:jokealert:

And just so you know, I don't dislike you.

Brock is a nice enough guy in person, and I don't say that because I've bought something from him or sold him anything. The business we've done is negligible in the greater picture. I'm just basing that on the fact that we've hung out with him a few times.

Online, people edit themselves differently than they do face to face and sometimes people (much like myself) don't even realize how their written word might be perceived differently than their spoken word by others.

It seems like many of the issues people have with him are based in actions, or patterns of posting that expose certain flaws in his character, like the threadkrapping or the way he handled that ebay transaction that he started a thread on.

I don't know him and have never even exchanged posts with him here, so I don't know what his deal is, positive or negative. But based on other people's perceptions, you might consider that you have it backwards; it might not be the case that he has a problem communicating online, but rather, that he's really good at keeping it together in face to face interactions, but that his character comes out on here.

Again, not saying definitively that this is the case, but we tend to assume that the online persona isn't real, and the in-person one is, when it can very easily be the other way around.

I just think Brock has got some of his social handicaps like we all do and certain personalities just rub each other the wrong way.

We all have them. :baiting:

True. Mods used to give me strikes for posting up pictures of hot women, something everyone hated. I've since corrected my prurient behavior for the betterment and adequately-clothed society.

True. Mods used to give me strikes for posting up pictures of hot women, something everyone hated. I've since corrected my prurient behavior for the betterment and adequately-clothed society.

lol

I know I've changed over my 10 year membership here. I hope for the better.