• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I think the last few months have been pretty drama-free but before that there were 'nucular' meltdowns all over the place.

Con season is just about over. November-January is when the good meltdowns happen.

I think the last few months have been pretty drama-free but before that there were 'nucular' meltdowns all over the place.

Con season is just about over. November-January is when the good meltdowns happen.

Especially during the Holiday season!!! :cloud9:

Oh yeah, emotions run high, patience is low and there are alcohol fueled tirades.

Where is all this drama on the boards? You guys make it sound like there is an epidemic somewhere… I'm just not seeing it…

You never rarely see anything wrong.

Really?

Often it's subtle. You need to either know the people involved or a bit of the history.

There are always a few people who are gems that seem to exist only to make some target misreable.

Oh yeah, emotions run high, patience is low and there are alcohol fueled tirades.

A couple years ago just before Christmas the boards went absolutely bonkers. It was glorious :grin:

I know you're intelligent enough to understand that

You might want to rethink that assessment.

That's just people celebrating Festivus through the Airing of Grievances.

A couple years ago just before Christmas the boards went absolutely bonkers. It was glorious :grin:

Which year was that? I don't remember what happened.

Where is all this drama on the boards? You guys make it sound like there is an epidemic somewhere I'm just not seeing it

Yeah but that's nothing new.

:baiting:

Are you seeing it? Please someone tell me what I'm missing RMA clearly sees it

What are you talking about? I didn't mention drama. This has been a calm, rational, reasoned discourse, until just a little bit ago.

This is like that scene in Anger Management where the Stewardess kept telling him to clam down

Where is all this drama on the boards? You guys make it sound like there is an epidemic somewhere I'm just not seeing it

What are you talking about? I didn't mention drama. This has been a calm, rational, reasoned discourse, until just a little bit ago.

Dude, you went on for pages about people debating issues in unfriendly manners. I'll admit I stopped reading everything, but you clearly had some agenda.

Where do you see these unfair debates and people being punished for diagreeing with one another...?

There's very little effort made to understand what other people are saying, and a rush to misunderstand and mischaracterize and lay accusations of "whining." How can you possibly reach understanding, if not a resolution, if you won't even make the effort to understand what someone has actually said? You can't even get past the first obstacle, which is clear communication.

It's like the entire board is one long Dead Parrot Sketch.

But, eventually, if you plant enough good seeds, good fruit will come. Lord knows, I've planted enough bad seeds, which fruit I must now indulge.

Bleagh.

Dude, you went on for pages about people debating issues in unfriendly manners. I'll admit I stopped reading everything, but you clearly had some agenda.

Where do you see these unfair debates and people being punished for diagreeing with one another...?

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I think if you read everything, it might become clear(er) to you. "Going on for pages" is not drama. Discussion is not drama.

:shrug:

There's very little effort made to understand what other people are saying, and a rush to misunderstand and mischaracterize and lay accusations of "whining." How can you possibly reach understanding, if not a resolution, if you won't even make the effort to understand what someone has actually said? You can't even get past the first obstacle, which is clear communication.

But, eventually, if you plant enough good seeds, good fruit will come. Lord knows, I've planted enough bad seeds, which fruit I must now indulge.

Bleagh.

It's not their fault.

They're just tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

Bleagh.

It's not their fault.

They're just tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

Nah, nah, they're resting, look!