• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Check out basically every sales thread he posts in. If he's not selling or buying, he's derailing.

ENTER - THE DERAILER?

new custom title

:headbang:

:applause: That sounds so badass.

While not talked about like the FS threads, this is one that I was on the fence about:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7355650#Post7355650

So CC gets stomped, but not this class act?

$250? What's that get you these days, a 9.0?

Did someone hump the button on Kevin? That's usually what gets action. Having said that, there are definitely consistency issues.

Sometimes I do not think it is a consistency issue. I believe it all has to do with the button hump. If no one is offended by the post then there is no reason for a mod to conduct an investigation into the matter. If someone is offended or claim that a post is in violation of the rules, they hump the button and the mod renders a decision.

I am sure though that once someone is off strike that the mods check in from time to time to see if a lesson was learned and look to see if their is any overt behavior offensive to guidelines.

Sometimes I do not think it is a consistency issue. I believe it all has to do with the button hump. If no one is offended by the post then there is no reason for a mod to conduct an investigation into the matter. If someone is offended or claim that a post is in violation of the rules, they hump the button and the mod renders a decision.

I am sure though that once someone is off strike that the mods check in from time to time to see if a lesson was learned and look to see if their is any overt behavior offensive to guidelines.

No, it's definitely inconsistency. This moderation team makes many decisions based on how they feel about the poster(s) involved, rather than adhering to a standard set of rules that is just and treats everyone impartially.

How else do you explain the fact that one member can call another member a "first class buffoon" and a "mess-stick", have the post be reported (many weeks ago), and yet not removed? Whomever it was on the moderation team decided that was an acceptable post, and so it remains to this day, despite being about as clear and blatant a violation of the board's "rules" as anything.

Link to what happened? I'd like to see what mods are considering thread derailment

Check out basically every sales thread he posts in. If he's not selling or buying, he's derailing.

^^

He rarely has anything nice to say and is mostly condescending.

That describes the majority of posters with over 5000 posts, so clearly that is not a reason for a strike.

No, it's definitely inconsistency. This moderation team makes many decisions based on how they feel about the poster(s) involved, rather than adhering to a standard set of rules that is just and treats everyone impartially.

How else do you explain the fact that one member can call another member a "first class buffoon" and a "mess-stick", have the post be reported (many weeks ago), and yet not removed? Whomever it was on the moderation team decided that was an acceptable post, and so it remains to this day, despite being about as clear and blatant a violation of the board's "rules" as anything.

You want Greggy to get a strike. Just say it. :)

Link to what happened? I'd like to see what mods are considering thread derailment

^^

That describes the majority of posters with over 5000 posts, so clearly that is not a reason for a strike.

Doing it in CG, fine. Doing it in a sales thread, not fine.

Understand?

^^

He does hook up boardies with comics. That goes a long way towards general acceptance here.

+1000

^^

He does hook up boardies with comics. That goes a long way towards general acceptance here.

+1

Brock is solid, he helps people out and is a good boardie - who now has a really cool nickname.

lol