• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this still happening?

18 posts in this topic

going thru the slabbed 9.8's on ebay, and came across a perfectly good Doctor Who Prisoners of Time #1 9.8, oh wait, that's a PGX :ohnoez:

they get their books graded by PGX and then make sure they work in CGC in the header.

I don't think ive seen any CGC graded books that folks have to work in PGX in the header.

so what are we as a community doing wrong, why are people still sending books to PGX? are they desperate? are they dingy? are they noobs? Well, It doesn't matter, we need to save them, they are in a sinking ship and need to be helped off.

the only reason I can think of that anyone would be doing this is because they are deranged. :insane:

cant we find them and help them BEFORE ITS TOO LATE? :fear:

Before I did my first CGC submission, I had the paperwork filled out for PGX, and I had spoken to Daniel Patterson on the phone. I was that close. I decided to spend the extra money and go with CGC. I find it hard to really abuse folks that do something that I really came close to doing. :D

We just need to keep the information accessible so everyone can make an informed decision.

Before I did my first CGC submission, I had the paperwork filled out for PGX, and I had spoken to Daniel Patterson on the phone. I was that close. I decided to spend the extra money and go with CGC. I find it hard to really abuse folks that do something that I really came close to doing. :D

We just need to keep the information accessible so everyone can make an informed decision.

I meet quite a few people throughout the year that submit to PGX. When they ask me for my opinion, I simply make the soft suggestion they should search the reputation history of the company and it's people. It's just not something I care to elaborate on any more as each company has its quips, but certainly PGX's history should be concerning enough for people to take a good hard look.

Because you were.

I saw both sides of the argument.

:D

Yeah. It was a clear case of mislabeling. You are not a PGX apologist. You are an everything apologist.

:roflmao:

I am a believer in universal harmony. Just waiting for everyone else to realize that it's inevitable.

Because you were.

I saw both sides of the argument.

:D

Yeah. It was a clear case of mislabeling. You are not a PGX apologist. You are an everything apologist.

:roflmao:

I am a believer in universal harmony. Just waiting for everyone else to realize that it's inevitable.

hm Where is that group hug emoticon when you need it?

this is a fun read

http://www.justafanboy.com/PGX/

but then if you go to other message boards there are always some PGX fans

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/174185/CGC-vs-PGX.-graded-comics

whether those "fans" are just PGX shills, actual fans, or people who have just deluded themselves into not being taken by PGX, I dont know...

I particularly love the guy who was mad a CGC because he was all messed up due to his doctor switching his meds two days prior and then claims that CGC screwed him on the onsite submission.

I fee like there a lot of substandard posts and verbiage from individuals that abuse the usage of that boards. Also they say lots of stuff they'd never say to someones face...

hm:grin:

I don't think ive seen any CGC graded books that folks have to work in PGX in the header.

That would be like crafting hand-made silk purses and advertising them as made from the hair off of sow's ears.

-slym

I particularly love the guy who was mad a CGC because he was all messed up due to his doctor switching his meds two days prior and then claims that CGC screwed him on the onsite submission.

Take comicspriceguide.com's message board... please.

:lol:

I used to hang out there, it was OK... then Speedy left and I was left with a defiant one that had (still has? hm ) a hard-on for me, so I saw no reason to stick around. I went back years later and it was nowhere near as "friendly" as it was when I left. I turned around "in the doorway" and haven't looked back since.

:(

-slym

I fee like there a lot of substandard posts and verbiage from individuals that abuse the usage of that boards. Also they say lots of stuff they'd never say to someones face...

hm:grin:

The hell you say. :devil:

I was labelled a PGX apologist when I joined this forum.
I knew nothing of graded comics or the companies behind them when I joined. I came for the Virtual Comic Con :D

But at the time I didn't know PGX's reputation and thought all the trash talk was the type of brand loyalty that a Marvel Zombie would have regarding DC and vice versa. It didn't take long for me to be convinced PGX is more than an inferior product, which I wouldn't have a problem with, but an actual scam. Something I consider potentially criminal and definitely unethical.

I wish I had the research10 years ago. Slabbing a book was still a bit new, well to me anyway. I had submitted to CGC, but wasn't aware of CGG/PGX. I later found them online and saw they were cheaper/faster/seemed legit, so I dove in. I received a call from Patterson, saying my box was damaged in transit. I trusted his word and had no idea of the potential of what might have happened there. Got my books back and was happy with the grades despite alleged damage to my X-men 50 and tucked them away. Then life happened and I had to stop collecting for a bit. Fast forward to last year, I rejoined these boards and sadly found the horror stories. I have been reluctant, actually afraid, to crack those PGX slabs as I fear I may have a Franken-book, a reprint or that my book/s may have been swapped with a lesser grade copy. I'm also leery of sending anything to FL with a recent thread I've seen about MIA packages in the Tampa/Sarasota mail system, as if there is someone in the USPS ranks that knows what the CGC address is all about.

To the OP, I have seen books that were CGC & advertised with both CGC/PGX in the title line. I've seen it for raw books too. Just the sellers way trying to maximize hits on their item.