• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
4 4

695 posts in this topic

I'll be sending in my first large batch of pre-screens to cgc soon. I got the entire run in hopefully 9.8 condition. I should have a few extra early doubles for you guys. Hardest thing is going to be hiding all those new slabs from the wifey.

Good

I'm looking for some registry competition, and maybe we can trade extras at some point

Also I have an unmarked box in the garage

+1. Let's get it done! :applause:

Just found out Danny Fingeroth will be headed to a convention near me this year.

Which means I'm going to PUNISH the registry, and more importantly, PUNISH my wallet.

:headbang:

Edited by Revat

also, does anyone know if newsstand copies went past issue 37?

and is there a darkhawk annual 3 newsstand?

I think the answer to both your questions is no. I just took a look at my complete darkhawk set and none of those issues have newstand editions, only direction editions.

did you buy all of your issues off of the newsstand?

I bought them brand new when they were coming out in 1992 and 1993. Some were from the newstand and some from a comic book store. Interestingly enough, some of the comices I have like superman man of steel #19, the comic book store had both a newstand version and non-newstand edition. I bought one of each for some reason I can't remember.

I bought them brand new when they were coming out in 1992 and 1993. Some were from the newstand and some from a comic book store. Interestingly enough, some of the comices I have like superman man of steel #19, the comic book store had both a newstand version and non-newstand edition. I bought one of each for some reason I can't remember.

thanks for your input, that seems in line with my own findings.

seems like a fair price, until more people get some at Baltimore this year (if they show up)

Mike Manley was just added to Philly Wizardworld for next weekend

boom. Short notice. Might be too late for many to submit though...

Hopefully people see the price and get some done. THen it will be too many and no one will want to pay that much. Then we (or just me) can buy 1 cheaper.

:ohnoez:

No reason not to get those Darkhawk's SS CGC'ed and sold to me than. :popcorn:

I get the feeling a LOT more CGC ss'd Darkhawks will be showing up on the census this year. Fingeroth is doing more and more cons, and Manley is doing at LEAST 3 which is up from 1 the year before (which was a surprise so very few were ready). Hopefully I'll have some available extras by year end.

I'm considering buying a DH 50 raw 9.8.

I'm just not sure it will grade out.

Opinions? I posted in the PGM, please check out the scans

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8587166#Post8587166