• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! :acclaim:

I used the "buy every copy I can find and try to get lucky" technique. For as few copies as I was able to locate, I really was lucky to find one this nice.

I haven't been around much, I just got a sweet double signed Darkhawk #1 CGC SS 9.8 that Sharp Comics helped me get signed. :banana:

Nice! Is that the copy we spoke of via PM? Post a pic if you have one handy.

Yes!!

That's the one I thought was a 9.8 raw.

Darkhawk98ss006_zps3gtcm7ft.jpg

Thanks guys! :acclaim:

I used the "buy every copy I can find and try to get lucky" technique. For as few copies as I was able to locate, I really was lucky to find one this nice.

I haven't been around much, I just got a sweet double signed Darkhawk #1 CGC SS 9.8 that Sharp Comics helped me get signed. :banana:

Nice! Is that the copy we spoke of via PM? Post a pic if you have one handy.

Yes!!

That's the one I thought was a 9.8 raw.

Darkhawk98ss006_zps3gtcm7ft.jpg

That is a beauty! Dead perfect centering to boot! :applause:

Also, nice book, Bobo. I really need to find my copy. I gave away most of my JCPenny reprints a while ago, but that was one I held onto and now I can't find it :sorry:
Thanks, dude! You'll find a copy, they pop up from time to time. :wishluck:

So the JCPenny reprint...

Is it exactly as the title of the book would make you believe?

It was just a Darkhawk comic given out at JCPenny stores?

I can't imagine too many were left in a high grade if that is the case.

I never even heard of it until this thread.

So the JCPenny reprint...

Is it exactly as the title of the book would make you believe?

It was just a Darkhawk comic given out at JCPenny stores?

I can't imagine too many were left in a high grade if that is the case.

I never even heard of it until this thread.

J.C. Penney Marvel "Vintgae Packs" (thumbs u

IMG_36781_zpsf1c74ae8.jpg

my tower of DH. The tower doesn't display slabs so good. I'm rotating them out today. Thought I'd give you guys a look.

So I got a retweet from Danny Fingeroth today when I #darkhawk saying I wanted to see a new series at the conclusion of this new Secret War written by Abnett/Lanning/Fingeroth Darkhawk & Nova

consider tweeting him about movie rumors.

MARVEL FIRSTS: THE 1990S OMNIBUS HC

Written by HOWARD MACKIE, GREGORY WRIGHT, FABIAN NICIEZA, PETER DAVID, DAN ABNETT, DG CHICHESTER, CHRISTIAN COOPER, TOM DEFALCO, JOHN OSTRANDER, JORGE GONZALES, TOM PEYER & MORE

Penciled by JAVIER SALTARES, JACKSON GUICE, MARK BAGLEY, ANGEL MEDINA, STEVEN BUTLER, RICHARD CASE, RON GARNEY, ART THIBERT, RON FRENZ, GABRIEL GECKO, TOM TENNEY, SCOTT MCDANIEL, PASQUAL FERRY, JIM CHEUNG & MORE

Cover by VARIOUS

Revisit comics’ most divisive decade with a giant-sized compendium of daring debuts! All your favorites are here: Deadpool! Nomad! X-Force! Scarlet Spider! Quicksilver! ClanDestine! Venom! Nightwatch! Gambit! Vengeance! Spider-Man 2099! The Thunderbolts! Plus: Ghost Rider and Deathlok, reinvented for the ’90s! Guns! Swords! Leather! Clones! Pouches! Don’t dis the ’90s, they’re totally dope! Collecting GHOST RIDER (1990) #1, DEATHLOK (1990) #1, NEW WARRIORS (1990) #1, FOOLKILLER (1990) #1, DARKHAWK #1, SLEEPWALKER #1, X-FORCE (1991) #1, X-FACTOR (1986) #71, WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH #2, DEATH’S HEAD II (1992A) #1, SILVER SABLE AND THE WILD PACK #1, TERROR INC. (1992) #1, NIGHT THRASHER: FOUR CONTROL #1, DARKHOLD: PAGES FROM THE BOOK OF SINS #1, NIGHTSTALKERS #1, SPIDER-MAN 2099 (1992) #1, VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR #1, CABLE (1993) #1, DEADPOOL: THE CIRCLE CHASE #1, THUNDERSTRIKE (1993) #1, GAMBIT (1993) #1, WAR MACHINE (1994) #1, BLACKWULF #1, FORCE WORKS #1, BLADE THE VAMPIRE-HUNTER (1994) #1, GENERATION X SAN DIEGO PREVIEW, FANTASTIC FORCE (1994) #1, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #118, BISHOP #1, X-MAN #1, ELEKTRA: ROOT OF EVIL #1, GREEN GOBLIN #1, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1995) #1, HEROES FOR HIRE (1997) #1, MAVERICK #1, QUICKSILVER #1, SPIDER-GIRL (1998) #1, SLINGERS #0, SPIDER-WOMAN (1999) #1, DEATHLOK (1999) #1 and WARLOCK (1999) #1; and material from CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL #9, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #100, MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #147 and #158, and TALES OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE.

1288 PGS./Rated T …$125

ISBN: 978-0-7851-9816-1

Trim size: oversized