• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

by far, Darkhawk is the coolest character on that cover. Well... except for maybe Venom. Venom was pretty cool.

He's cooler than Thunderstrike!

Let's see some more Darkhawk collections! :sumo:

I have the whole set. Which ones do you want to see pictures of and they are all in mint condition.

I'd love to see mint copies posted of 36-40

I'll work on a group shot tomorrow night for everyone. I'll also show a picture of marvel age 97 along with dark #1 signed by Danny Fingeroth. Maybe one day my collection will be some pedigree collection. I have the 2 annuals also. I'm sure there are many people with a full mint collection of the series as many were printed in the early 90s.

Cool stuff.

I hadn't seen a copy of that issue until comic con. There are a few of them up for sale on ebay. I didn't even know that was his first appearance when I was collecting Darkhawk 25 years ago.

Marvel Age #97 is a preview issue. I still think Darkhawk #1 is the official first appearance, but it doesn't hurt to have both. (thumbs u

Danny Fingeroth also felt Darkhawk #1 is the first appearance. He didn't realize Marvel Age #97 existed which came out before Darkhawk #1.

I guess the only thing I'm missing to complete the set is a second print of Darkhawk #5.

Where would I even go about finding one? Figured it would be fun to have that one also for my set.

Danny Fingeroth also felt Darkhawk #1 is the first appearance. He didn't realize Marvel Age #97 existed which came out before Darkhawk #1.

I guess the only thing I'm missing to complete the set is a second print of Darkhawk #5.

Where would I even go about finding one? Figured it would be fun to have that one also for my set.

Ebay is probably your best bet. They do pop up from time to time and some sellers don't even know it's a second print. You will have to look through all the preview pictures.