• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

NOt sure if this is appropriate, but I'm trying to buy/trade for Darkhawk slabs and/or raw 9.8 copies. Please see my sig line for WTB details, and the sales threads in my sig line for things to trade.

THanks.

Have a Darkforce Day!

Not sure if this is appropriate, but I'm trying to buy/trade for Darkhawk slabs and/or raw 9.8 copies. Please see my sig line for WTB details, and the sales threads in my sig line for things to trade.

THanks.

Have a Darkforce Day!

I certainly think it's appropriate (a tad eccentric, but appropriate). ;)

001_zpsee203ufx.jpg

I got this back from CGC this week, it was from a lot of the entire series I bought a while ago, and the rest look just as good as this one :whee:

epic

I am now the current and future King of Darkhawks on the CGC Registry!!

Lay down your Darkforce shields at my feet and kneel. Thanks.

I wrote a journal about it

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7830181#Post7830181

oh and sell me any 9.8's you have that I don't pls. And check me out on the registry, I got PICS.

Edited by Revat

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7830181#Post7830181

oh and sell me any 9.8's you have that I don't pls. And check me out on the registry, I got PICS.

Congrats

Congrats

+1

This is one of my favorites.

B637D476-CF55-43A4-841C-EBA3DEBD35EB-35015-000009F7526BB36F_zps95f2a385.jpg

Edited by awakeintheashes

Awesome #50 1dingo, not an easy 9.8 due to the unforgiving spine.

Congrats to Revat on the Registry set and the journal. I will keep checking out your journal as long as you keep posting in it.

I finally dug out the short boxes so I could share the rest of my collection with my fellow Darkhawk enthusiasts.

DSCN1424_zpscf2ecdfd.jpg

DSCN1429_zps456044d9.jpg

The raw #1 money shot!

DSCN1412_zps9242aee2.jpg

I was somehow convinced I bought Darkhawk #1 (or even the first issues) when it came out, but for some reason I probably did not, as I can’t find it in my collection.

At the time I was bascially subscribing to a 90% of what Marvel was printing – I have all the early New Warriors, Sleepwalker et al.

It is possible, however, that I gifted them together with the Quasars (I can’t find them either) and the Marvel Comics Presents to a friend of mine… hm

I’d be curious to know why Boboset is so affectioned to it but yet says it was so-so and a "timecapsule" of the early 1990s. What do you mean by that?

In the meantime, I am just waiting for the right occasion to send Jason (Comicalgems) this one as a gift… :cool:

FvNvoPBh.jpg

All Hail Revant!

EmoticonAsdKing.gif

I finally dug out the short boxes so I could share the rest of my collection with my fellow Darkhawk enthusiasts.

[/img]

Holy Moly! :o

+1

and also...

WHY?

I’d be curious to know why Boboset is so affectioned to it but yet says it was so-so and a "timecapsule" of the early 1990s. What do you mean by that?

Vaillant, here's why. It's a terrible book. The book has very little depth and clearly pumped out to get a bazillion copies out (Look, another #1!)

I dug out my raw Darkhawk #1 (found it next to the sealed NM+ copies of Nth Man, Barbie Fashion and Barbie #1 lol) and re-read it.

Terrible origin.

Here's a summary:

"Mum's a hot babe assistant DA working real hard to stop the mob. Dad's a beat cop with a mustache. I have two annoying kid brothers. Oh, look, my dad is taking mob money. Oh no, the mob is after my brothers. I have to save my family! Run!! Oh look, I found a stone that gives me powers and wraps me in superhero costume. I'll take care of the bad guys. Ouch, I got a cut but the bad guys are dead. I'm now a bad- superhero! Oh look, the cut has mysteriously disappeared"

Edited by Shawn Low