• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

is Darkhawk still in the current Marvel Universe?

Yes. Read the series "War of Kings" or the "Thanos Imperative". Darkhawk has become an awesome cosmic character much like Nova.

But there are haters on these boards and elsewhere who want to keep him down. Why? Because they don't own the comic. :insane:

is Darkhawk still in the current Marvel Universe?

Yes. Read the series "War of Kings" or the "Thanos Imperative". Darkhawk has become an awesome cosmic character much like Nova.

But there are haters on these boards and elsewhere who want to keep him down. Why? Because they don't own the comic. :insane:

i will look it up. I have the whole series havent read it since it originally came out.

I enjoyed this 4th tier characters along with Ragman too

I’d be curious to know why Boboset is so affectioned to it but yet says it was so-so and a "timecapsule" of the early 1990s. What do you mean by that?

Vaillant, here's why. It's a terrible book. The book has very little depth and clearly pumped out to get a bazillion copies out (Look, another #1!)

I dug out my raw Darkhawk #1 (found it next to the sealed NM+ copies of Nth Man, Barbie Fashion and Barbie #1 lol) and re-read it.

Terrible origin.

Here's a summary:

"Mum's a hot babe assistant DA working real hard to stop the mob. Dad's a beat cop with a mustache. I have two annoying kid brothers. Oh, look, my dad is taking mob money. Oh no, the mob is after my brothers. I have to save my family! Run!! Oh look, I found a stone that gives me powers and wraps me in superhero costume. I'll take care of the bad guys. Ouch, I got a cut but the bad guys are dead. I'm now a bad- superhero! Oh look, the cut has mysteriously disappeared"

Thanks for the explanation, but I guess it can’t be worse than Sleepwalker or the New Warriors. :)

BTW, about Barbie: when Lisa Trusiani (who wrote Barbie) started to write Morbius, I quite appreciated her work.

I’d be curious to know why Boboset is so affectioned to it but yet says it was so-so and a "timecapsule" of the early 1990s. What do you mean by that?

Vaillant, here's why. It's a terrible book. The book has very little depth and clearly pumped out to get a bazillion copies out (Look, another #1!)

I dug out my raw Darkhawk #1 (found it next to the sealed NM+ copies of Nth Man, Barbie Fashion and Barbie #1 lol) and re-read it.

Terrible origin.

Here's a summary:

"Mum's a hot babe assistant DA working real hard to stop the mob. Dad's a beat cop with a mustache. I have two annoying kid brothers. Oh, look, my dad is taking mob money. Oh no, the mob is after my brothers. I have to save my family! Run!! Oh look, I found a stone that gives me powers and wraps me in superhero costume. I'll take care of the bad guys. Ouch, I got a cut but the bad guys are dead. I'm now a bad- superhero! Oh look, the cut has mysteriously disappeared"

Thanks for the explanation, but I guess it can’t be worse than Sleepwalker or the New Warriors. :)

BTW, about Barbie: when Lisa Trusiani (who wrote Barbie) started to write Morbius, I quite appreciated her work.

HOW DARE YOU!

I'm just messing with you. When I read the stories as a kid, I didn' t know much about Nova and the others. It was only later in life when I realized how their backgrounds were kinda messed up under Nicieza. There's a New Warriors website that deals with their continuity.

I still love that comic though (as others will tell you around here)

If I have to be entirely honest, I gave room to improve to Nicieza, and kept buying it, but when he started with the Sphinx… that was pretty presumptuous as he clearly did not have the background to undergo the task to build up on such a "classic" storyline. Take into account I have read the original Nova as a kid, and then the conclusion on the FF as a teenager. Nicieza really did not get what Nova was about.

At some point, although I quite liked the art of Mark Bagley and some ideas were good, it was the overall quality of the series that severely lacked…

I never liked Valiant so much, also because I had not much knowledge of the historical characters they revived, like Solar and Magnus.

I quite loved Defiant instead, especially Dark Dominion, at least until Shooter managed to mess everything up as he did with Unity for Valiant… :P

I finally dug out the short boxes so I could share the rest of my collection with my fellow Darkhawk enthusiasts.

DSCN1424_zpscf2ecdfd.jpg

DSCN1429_zps456044d9.jpg

The raw #1 money shot!

DSCN1412_zps9242aee2.jpg

:golfclap: wow

What's the story on the big stacks, are they also multiples like your #1's?

Love those second print #5's you got, took me a while to even find one.

I finally dug out the short boxes so I could share the rest of my collection with my fellow Darkhawk enthusiasts.

:golfclap: wow

What's the story on the big stacks, are they also multiples like your #1's?

Love those second print #5's you got, took me a while to even find one.

You can tell they are because of the position of the colors on each of the books below that you can see.

Of course I should let Boboset answer for himself. (thumbs u

What's the difference between Darkhawk #5 1st print and Darkhawk #5 2nd print? hm

1st Print UPC box

1st_zps7bc2b08c.jpg

2nd Print UPC box

2nd_zps43ad3981.jpg

Right, it is part of the 1992 Marvel Vintage Pack-

http://stlcomics.com/gallery/jcpenney_stridex/

This was one of only two or three titles that I bought at my LCS during the 90's and I have the complete set plus all crossovers up until 2000 or so. Great fun at the time.

Edited by metarog