• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Distributor ink placement

7 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has ever known the process that was used for administering distribution spray on early 1970's comics, specifically Marvels.

I've found a couple of books tucked away that have the spray on the spine rather than on the top of the book. I'm assuming the books were palletized and sprayed, but I always thought the ink went on the top rather than the spine.

If anyone is familiar with the process, or has books sprayed along the spine, feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance!

Really interesting about the spine being sprayed on remaindered copies.

I had figured it was just an anomaly since the distributor spray always ended up on the top of the book, but apparently, spray on the spine was a completely different animal.

Thanks for the info!

Ink on the spine would be a "remaindered" copy, iirc.

That's not "distributor ink."

So, that would be the equivalent of ripping off the top third of the cover?

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. There's always that snowball's chance in hell that I am.

Ink on the spine would be a "remaindered" copy, iirc.

That's not "distributor ink."

So, that would be the equivalent of ripping off the top third of the cover?

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. There's always that snowball's chance in hell that I am.

Snowball's in hell meet name change. :baiting: