• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling to Mile High Comics...opinions?

52 posts in this topic

I like Pence if they are Silver Age books - send me a PM with issue #s.

My only experience with selling to MH was back in the 1980s. They had an extremely long list of rules that you had to follow perfectly, or they kept your books and ran.

They kept my books and ran. Never got any payment.

Ouch!

MH used to have a Colorado Springs store, with two managers that were super-cool. They really loved the comic market, Magic the Gathering, and Star Trek CCG.

One day Chuck came down with a "William", and he had William just tear these guys apart while I was shopping in the store. Said they needed to crack down more on giving store credit, and paying too much for books purchased. Chuck smiled at me while this was going on, which just gave me the creeps.

Oddly enough, they had just given me 60% of Overstreet for two long boxes right before the Wonder Twins had come in. Valiant and Image were hot, and they needed the backstock to meet local demand.

:o

My only experience with selling to MH was back in the 1980s. They had an extremely long list of rules that you had to follow perfectly, or they kept your books and ran.

Ouch!

MH used to have a Colorado Springs store, with two managers that were super-cool. They really loved the comic market, Magic the Gathering, and Star Trek CCG.

One day Chuck came down with a "William", and he had William just tear these guys apart while I was shopping in the store. Said they needed to crack down more on giving store credit, and paying too much for books purchased. Chuck smiled at me while this was going on, which just gave me the creeps.

Oddly enough, they had just given me 60% of Overstreet for two long boxes right before the Wonder Twins had come in. Valiant and Image were hot, and they needed the backstock to meet local demand.

Yeah, the hippie persona combined with the stiletto business practices has always been what has endeared Chuck to people.

I wouldn't sell anything to that pot smoking,peyote eating,Indian tattooed bozo.peacepipe-vi_zps1e0ab44a.gif

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

I wouldn't sell anything to that pot smoking,peyote eating,Indian tattooed bozo.peacepipe-vi_zps1e0ab44a.gif

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Crazy how he has been able to milk the whole "I found the Mile High collection" .

Ouch!

Yeah, the hippie persona combined with the stiletto business practices has always been what has endeared Chuck to people.

Not sure who "William" was, but man did he tear those guys up without a care who was in the store. Chuck just kept smiling like the best full double-rainbow had just appeared.

Buy a NM from them and then try to sell it right back. When they grade it as a VG, ask them to explain the discrepancy.

They're ultra-loose graders as sellers and then they're the tightest graders in the world when they're buyers. :D

:tonofbricks:

Ouch!

Not sure who "William" was, but man did he tear those guys up without a care who was in the store. Chuck just kept smiling like the best full double-rainbow had just appeared.

Chuck was smiling because whatever he smoked in the car on the way over allowed him to actually see double rainbows in every direction for a good 45-60 minutes. The guy is a snake oil salesman of epic proportions.

Sell them on the forum, or let Conan at MCS take a crack at them.