• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Web Board Decorum on Purchases

32 posts in this topic

I think that under the rules, he has 30 days to send you the book. I've had a couple of moderately well-known boardies take close to that time to send me stuff. There is a very well-known boardie who periodically runs a sales thread and then disappears from view for a couple of weeks, ignoring PMs, until he gets around to sending stuff out.

If he's not responding to your PMs, it probably means he needs another few days/weeks to send you the book but doesn't want to admit it.

In the probation discussion thread Speedy linked to we have gone around and around about what to do about these situations where a seller is not all he should be but is not strictly speaking in violation of the rules. The bottom line is that there doesn't seem to be support on the boards for approaching the mods about allowing true feedback threads.

So I guess you are obliged to wait another couple of weeks while making a note that the person should go on your "Do not buy from" list.

Not like it is a Nazi party symbol, or a burning cross.

-slym

What if I was hanging a nazi,then burning him. hm

That's just smart, don't want them coming back as Wight's

30 days seems like a long time. What is Paypal's rule on getting a refund as far as how many days after purchase? I was going to wait until the 3 week mark and look to get my money back via Paypal. Hopefully it will all work out before then however. Thanks.

I think that under the rules, he has 30 days to send you the book. I've had a couple of moderately well-known boardies take close to that time to send me stuff. There is a very well-known boardie who periodically runs a sales thread and then disappears from view for a couple of weeks, ignoring PMs, until he gets around to sending stuff out.

If he's not responding to your PMs, it probably means he needs another few days/weeks to send you the book but doesn't want to admit it.

In the probation discussion thread Speedy linked to we have gone around and around about what to do about these situations where a seller is not all he should be but is not strictly speaking in violation of the rules. The bottom line is that there doesn't seem to be support on the boards for approaching the mods about allowing true feedback threads.

So I guess you are obliged to wait another couple of weeks while making a note that the person should go on your "Do not buy from" list.