• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wanted Poster

69 posts in this topic

Ian,

What does the print say right above the two rows of comics at the bottom of the poster (The rows that have the Superman comics)?

It says WANTED - and then lists loads of promos that I still need, including all the ones pictured.

And those aren't regular Superman comics, one's the Superman Workbook, and the others are the Special Navy Editions.

If you go to the DC Giveaway thread, it lists what all 17 pictured comics are.

Some W-A-N-K-E-R has put this on e-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2272086338&category=68&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

Please can someone help me to find out who the culprit is.

If I had to guess... well, you know who I'd probably guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2272086338&category=68&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

He could've attempted to make the auction FUNNY, ya know.....

He could've attempted to make the auction FUNNY, ya know.....

Yes, but for whatever reason he's decidedly not-funny when he's attacking Ian.

Speaking of which, isn't time for the good old Forum Gestapo to leap in and report this heinous and illegal auction to ebay? tongue.gif

I would say so... unless this is one of those "occasions" where all the Grand Champions of Ebay Justice fall mysteriously silent.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Speaking of which, isn't time for the good old Forum Gestapo to leap in and report this heinous and illegal auction to ebay?

Seeing as how you all took GREAT glee in reporting my wants auction a few months back, causing me to leave the boards for over a month, then, if as you claim, it was nothing personal, PROVE IT - and get this travesty removed.

And if I get proof as to who it is, my revenge will not be pretty.

I would say so... unless this is one of those "occasions" where all the Grand Champions of Ebay Justice fall mysteriously silent.

Lets now see just exactly how hypocritical the "comic gestapo" really turn out to be.

I CHALLENGE THEM.

Lets now see just exactly how hypocritical the "comic gestapo" really turn out to be.

I CHALLENGE THEM.

REPORTED. Once again you display your legendary impatience. If this is a dig at me for my past actions, then I would point out that other folks you "like" or find favor with reported the want auction as well and it is still up there. Not everyone jumps at your whim and the world does not revolve around your DC collection. If big scale companies like Tiffany's can't get eBay to do what they want, what makes you think they will kow-tow to the "great" Ian Levine? 27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

Why do you think that someone is holding the book hostage? The owner doesn't want to sell for less.There are several others trying to complete the set and this appears to be the only copy around. Sellers market and all that.

Shad: Do we know with any certainty that the other DC completionists need NA 26 in particular? If yes, your point is well taken. If no, then I'd say the dealer in question is in fact pricing the book specifically for Ian.

As for the ad, I think it's a great idea, and I hope it works. While we know that dealers who learn the degree of Ian's "desperation" are inclined toward gouging, we also know that there are still a few reasonable folks in the comic book collecting community, any one of whom may have a copy of the book in question, and may not view it as "essential" to their collection.

If I owned NA 26, I'd happily sell it to Ian for 3x guide, not only because it would be more $ than I'd likely get for the book for years to come, but also because it's clear how much it means to Ian to have the book. Any true collector can identify with this feeling, IMO - perhaps not to the same extent, but you get my point.

Maybe we should organize a "MoveOn"-like effort to find the book. If a couple dozen of us each contacted the LCSs in our respective areas, and those LCSs put out some feelers, the book might surface in an unlikely place, at a reasonable price.

I for one would like to see the "end of the story" with this impressive quest for completion.

I for one would like to see the "end of the story" with this impressive quest for completion.

Oh so would I.

Then I can just take my time and look for the promos and some upgrades. Talking of upgrades, no-one has ever found me a Girls Love 5 that I so badly need. Anyone on here ????????