• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OH NO... Ebay is at it again!!!! How much money do they want?

11 posts in this topic

05 August, 2013 | 11:54AM BST

Hello,

From 4 September, final value fees for all private sellers will change, as well as insertion fees for private sellers with a Basic Shop on eBay.co.uk

Final value fees change for all private sellers

Final value fees will be charged based on the combined value of the item listed plus postage. For example, if an item sells for £20 with postage cost of £4, the final value fee will be charged based on the combined value of £24. This will not apply if the listing offers collection only.

DISCUSS.

05 August, 2013 | 11:54AM BST

Hello,

From 4 September, final value fees for all private sellers will change, as well as insertion fees for private sellers with a Basic Shop on eBay.co.uk

Final value fees change for all private sellers

Final value fees will be charged based on the combined value of the item listed plus postage. For example, if an item sells for £20 with postage cost of £4, the final value fee will be charged based on the combined value of £24. This will not apply if the listing offers collection only.

DISCUSS.

'

I have my trusted sellers list and do most of my transactions off ebay now.

Thats a good idea. I quit selling for a while several times over their policies. I wish, and I know I'm not alone, that they had an equal to keep caps on pricing through competion. If they were any other type of business, they would have already broken up this monopoly. My 2c

How much money do they want?

As much as they can get without curtailing activity. They will keep raising prices until they reach a point where it curtails listing, that is the equalibrium and should be the cutoff point, but until then..... they know they can keep going :shy:

I find it odd that they say you can not cover fees in their shipping costs but then charge us a percentage of shipping....It means they insist we take a loss on shipping...

I quit offering different shipping types and only ship US priority mail flat rate. I charge full value for shipping $5.60 and pay only $4.95. After ebays 10% fee on shipping that leaves it at 5.04 and after pay pals 4% that leaves me at just paying pennies for shipping the book out. Plus you can fit several books plus stiff cardboard into a flat rate mailer and really pass on a shipping bargain when they buy multiple copies. Plus tracking and insurance for p to $50 is free as of early July. I have only ever had 1 item damaged and that was because the post office decided to throw the package against the wall like a throwing star about 10 times until the books were returned to a pulp like state. F-them because with USPS's new free insurance they had to reemburse the buyer. 640 positive feedback with complements on shipping speed and packaging.