• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What up with this slab?

108 posts in this topic

Why not wait just a tad longer until you have them in hand?

Usually because flippers only have a limited amount of time to sell their "hot" books.

Danger Girl is a hot book?

This just seems like opening oneself to problems, like if it comes back damaged or with the weird CGC case indent thing or is late or even lost in the mail...

As a buyer, I want to see the actual product I am bidding/buying, not photoshopped weirdness, even if it is coming back from CGC with a specified grade, I still want to actually see it.

Did you guys not see the "usually" there? When I see auctions like this (pre-sales) , it's usually flippers with limited amounts of time.

I saw it and glossed right over that while lighting my torch and grabbing my pitchfork :baiting:

No, I don't think what he's doing makes sense. Also I don't see feedback on the PP #1 sale.

It was relisted twice after that sale, but that doesn't mean anything nefarious. Sometimes buyers don't pay, etc.

Or sellers leave the door wide open for buyers to back out. Nevermind the "not as described" angle anyone with half a brain could figure out, the seller is using a pre-sale angle that does not abide to eBay rules - namely this one:

Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

No, I don't think what he's doing makes sense. Also I don't see feedback on the PP #1 sale.

It was relisted twice after that sale, but that doesn't mean anything nefarious. Sometimes buyers don't pay, etc.

Or sellers leave the door wide open for buyers to back out. Nevermind the "not as described" angle anyone with half a brain could figure out, the seller is using a pre-sale angle that does not abide to eBay rules - namely this one:

Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

That font size requirement is a listing killer. :D

Yea this is too sketchy. These aren't books he needs to move super quiclkly either. He could easily wait for them to ship and have them in hand. Also the amount of time he/she is spending on the photoshops just reeks scammer.

Sorry those of you that know him, but this is just too questionable.