• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photobucket vs Imgur vs Product-X

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

There are so many image hosting and storage options out there... I know a lot of people use Photobucket... I have been using Imgur - but in the free account you can only access your last 250 images.

What do you guys use and would you recommend it?

I recommend using the webspace provided by 99% of internet service providers out there, but nobody seems to know about.

I use photobucket.

The only issue I have with the website is how unresponsive it can be. It is like the only slow website left on the planet.

It only occurs when I am trying to move quick on the website, it can not keep up with me.

I have been using Imgur - but in the free account you can only access your last 250 images.

Really? I've been using that host, but haven't reached 250 yet. hm

yeah. and they kill any image that hasn't been accessed in a few months... which is fine for most things.

SO, I think I might use something like imgur for memes and BS for the boards.. but photobucket for more long-lasting needs.

As Dice says, there's plenty of other options... I have my own webhosting business, so I know I can host stuff myself - but I'm not really interested in installing gallery-based software and configuring it, hardening it, keeping it updated etc... when I can use a service like Photobucket for free.

I recommend using the webspace provided by 99% of internet service providers out there, but nobody seems to know about.

I use FTP thur my webspace provider too, but you cant do thumbnails so when I am not listing on ebay I have to use something else. Currently I use IMGUR and I like it, but again at 225 for a new account you need mulitple emails.

I still use photobucket, but the new version is all fungo. Shin did some research for the last VCC and was unable to make it function well for thumbnails, without dropping you into your album. That problem can be fixed by faking code so it matches how photobucket used to work.

Now that I'm resigned to just faking the code, I've found that you can do it pretty fast using cut and paste, or just overwriting the file name. And, the simpler you name your files (like GIC96) the simpler and faster the overwrite/code faking process is, especially if you're doing a bunch of books with the same title. Not optimum, but works.

th_GIC96.jpg th_GIC96bc.jpg

GIC96.jpgGIC96bc.jpg