• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR.X's Cheap, Trashy, Worthless Wizard Con Report

422 posts in this topic

I personally think the layout/setup this year blows.

Its awkward, there's no flow to it - it was just annoying.

I have to say that I was worried but it hasn't been the disaster I feared it would be. It certainly isn't ideal, but not a total CF. The worst part is CGC being upstairs and all the artists downstairs, which makes getting a SS witness challenging.

Of course, it's only Friday. Tomorrow may be an utter nightmare.

I have to say that I was worried but it hasn't been the disaster I feared it would be. It certainly isn't ideal, but not a total CF. The worst part is CGC being upstairs and all the artists downstairs, which makes getting a SS witness challenging.

Especially if the escalator brakes down again!

Especially if the escalator brakes down again!

:eek:

I'll say one thing. There are some killer books at this show. Seemed like most of the dealers had some really good stuff, if you had deep pockets.

First booth through the doors was Graham Crackers. I was just starting to look through a box when some unseen force came up behind me and put me in a bear hug.

Not like me to let someone get the drop on me. I figured it was someone who knew an old Indian trick. It ended up being Greggy. lol

Graham Crackers wall books.

wizard2013thursday006.jpg

Beautiful wall pics. Doc Joe picked up a book for me that I saw in this one.. Thank you!

My commission is? :baiting:

Once inside, I decided to check out the layout of artist alley, and visit Hotflips booth. Lots of cool stuff, and I'll be going there tommarrow to pick up a few things I saw. Tons of people in there, including these three characters.

005-7.jpg

Ran into more boardies today. Nice to put a face to the name of some.

I talked with boardie Rick Starr for a bit again. Man did he get some killer books. I hope he posts them on the boards later.