• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black kryptonite-Smallville-discuss amongst yourselves!

17 posts in this topic

So what did you guys think of Smallville last night? Black kryptonite seems to have some unusual abilities, like the ability to awaken the human fathers of adopted kryptonian babies!

I did like the show. The flying scenes were great. Should be an interesting season.

West

but how did they know what it was going to do? have the tested it? margot kidder looked like a bus ran over her. Lana & Lois look good. The storyline in France (other than the possible body double in the shower) looks sleeping.gif

i still think it would be cool to bring in a bruce wayne to challenge Lex in something corporate but time will tell....

pete ross out of the show? small loss. yeahok.gif

Thought the flight scene was awesome. My wife loved the beginning naturally with Clark in the field but I think the best part was the Lana shower scene. That chick they have as Lois was pretty good - lots of nice curves to boot! I felt like I was hypnotized by a"couple of things"in that scene where Lois visited Martha at home. I didn't know there was black K until this show!

Thought the flight scene was awesome. My wife loved the beginning naturally with Clark in the field but I think the best part was the Lana shower scene. That chick they have as Lois was pretty good - lots of nice curves to boot! I felt like I was hypnotized by a"couple of things"in that scene where Lois visited Martha at home. I didn't know there was black K until this show!

yes the heavy artillary was out!!! yay.gif

This seems to be a recurring practice with Smallville...throw everything into chaos in the season finale, then tie it all up in a neat bow by the end of the season premiere.

The black kryptonite did seem very convenient. Enigmatic figures, like Dr. Swan and his emmisary, are great, but eventually the writers will have to explain how these folks know so many secrets about Krypton. Otherwise, they just become an easy way to push the story forward and resolve problems.

My other problem is with the scenes at the Medical Center, where Clark has amnesia. Smallville is just that, small, and Clark has spent A LOT of time there, visiting just about everyone else in the cast, who have been hospitalized at one time or another. Not to mention the fact that Clark is quite well known throughout town for always being on the scene to save folks when there's trouble. AND, he's been missing for three months. You'd think citizens of a small town would know about one of their own falling off the planet for 90 days. The idea that no one at the medical center recongizes Clark is kinda silly.

Still, a good start for the new season. I like Lois, and the scenes for next week's episode lead one to believe there might be some fun conflict between Lois/Lana. Kinda reminds me of this cover...

superboy90.jpg

Lana.. Shower cloud9.gif

Lois --Things cloud9.gif

The flight scenes were just abou the best part of the show. What was interesting was it seemed to me there was a bit of a reference to Supes early GA days, where he could only jump. It definitely appeared as though he crouched down, forcing the ground to cave in, and then launched himself.

As for the rest of the show, lots of eye candy and nothing else. They keep pulling story elements out of their es in order to resolve the soap-opera melodrama that's become a mainstay of the show. It's too bad, really. The emphasize of the show the first couple of seasons was watching all of the elements of the Superman mythology unfold. Now, it's become some teen soap-opera where we get to witness one tragedy after another.

So what did you guys think of Smallville last night? Black kryptonite seems to have some unusual abilities, like the ability to awaken the human fathers of adopted kryptonian babies!

I did like the show. The flying scenes were great. Should be an interesting season.

West

Loved it. have from day one. Black Kryptonite 'seems' to absorb kryptonian technology, thus

removing all of it's effects..ie.Pa Kent, much like a 'Black-Hole'. That flight scene was too cool.

This seems to be a recurring practice with Smallville...throw everything into chaos in the season finale, then tie it all up in a neat bow by the end of the season premiere.

Funny, I said the same thing in another thread. thumbsup2.gif

Do you think maybe "Jor-El" is actually Zod screwing around with "the son of Jor-El"?

They call him Trinity!

That sounds so crazy, it might be true. Quite possible they are completely re-writing the Superman mythos. I mean, we all know what really happened in Smallville....well us older folks who read Superboy as a kid. Ma and Pa Kent were older, Lex blamed Superboy for his lack of hair, Superboy at this age was already up and flying and I don't remember any mention of a Lionel Luthor (but I didn't read the comic religiously.

But having someone, anyone pretending to be Jor-el - trying to screw up Clark would be brilliant IMO. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

This series keeps surprising....

Anyone who isn't watching Smallville, is really missing something special.

....well us older folks who read Superboy as a kid. Ma and Pa Kent were older, Lex blamed Superboy for his lack of hair, Superboy at this age was already up and flying and I don't remember any mention of a Lionel Luthor

How about Lena Thorul?

And you know Superboy learned to fly by having balloons attached to his belt!