• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 21-24, 2014

326 posts in this topic

Can someone recommend a 3.5 to 4 star hotel near Stephens Convention Center for $99/night? Hotwire, trivago, Priceline.com? (shrug)

Are you renting a car?

No, thus hiking distance from convention center would be nice. Wizard World.com/Chicago has not listed their convention rate :hi: hotel partners online yet.

Can someone recommend a 3.5 to 4 star hotel near Stephens Convention Center for $99/night? Hotwire, trivago, Priceline.com? (shrug)

Are you renting a car?

No, thus hiking distance from convention center would be nice. Wizard World.com/Chicago has not listed their convention rate :hi: hotel partners online yet.

http://www.wizardworld.com/travel-ch.html

Flight booked

:cry:

Worst news I heard all day. Leaving town for an undisclosed location. :o

My doomsday Bunker is prepped in

anticipation of greggy's arrival :eek:

Which night is sushi night? :banana:

I heard they want to meet at Cockroach Al's. (shrug)

Booked the Crowne Plaza hotel across from convention center. Any recommendations for reasonably priced restaurants or unreasonably priced steak houses within hiking distance of this North River Road 4 star hotel? :blush:

Flight booked

and my arrival......

Just booked flight and hotel.

Booked the Crowne Plaza hotel across from convention center. Any recommendations for reasonably priced restaurants or unreasonably priced steak houses within hiking distance of this North River Road 4 star hotel? :blush:

Gibsons is right across the street.

Gibsons is right across the street.

Gibsons is great. And there's a lot of new development going on near the convention center -- there is now a Capital Grill as well as a McCormick & Schmick's just south of the convention center on River Road by the InterContinental hotel. And in bad of the parking ramp area, there's a German Beer Hall (I think it was there last year already) called the Hofbrau Haus as well as a Fogo de Chao Brazilian steakhouse where you can gorge yourself on meat. Perfect for those following the Atkins diet. Not to be confused with the Dan Adkins diet.

Now if they'd just put in a decent sushi joint….

Flight booked

and my arrival......

Just booked flight and hotel.

I am a more powerful draw than SDCC. :acclaim:

4 day passes sold out :(

You've got to be ting me.

Since when does this convention "sell out?"

Who friggin' buys a ticket to this show before August?

WTF?

I am seriously pissed about this. I normally just buy my pass at Graham Crackers when I get back from California.

What the hell happened this year?

WTF?

I am seriously pissed about this. I normally just buy my pass at Graham Crackers when I get back from California.

Looks like a money grab. Check out the single day passes, it's a joke.

WTF?

Looks like a money grab. Check out the single day passes, it's a joke.

Yeah, $40 for Thursday, $50 Friday and $60 Saturday are certainly healthy prices. They make the $94 4-day pass look like a super bargain, no wonder they sold out so fast. But at least there are plenty of $250 and up VIP experiences left if you need a 4 day pass. :eyeroll: