• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 21-24, 2014

326 posts in this topic

I'm listening to Gene Simmons read from his autobiography but just skipping to the Peter Criss parts. Prepping for Chicago KISS time.

Are you coming to WW Chicago?

I'm listening to Gene Simmons read from his autobiography but just skipping to the Peter Criss parts. Prepping for Chicago KISS time.

If he does, he won't admit that it's him.

If he does, he won't admit that it's him.

+1

Just to make you laugh, the VIP DUO for the Big Bang Theory is $525. Ticketleap messed up and they put it on sale for $325. A couple of friends bought it for that price...if you want a duo photo op and both autographs total should be $400 for everything, so Wizard is losing money because of Ticketleap, and they can't do anything about it.

I'm going to the KISS Meet and Greet in Houston. Feel kinda ripped off since there's only 2 original members but Thayer has been around since 2002 and personally Eric Singer is much better than Peter Criss...but Eric Carr was still the best drummer KISS ever had.

Wow, it looks like I am the only one here who prefers C2E2. I have gone to every WW Chicago since it started, and it just seems to me that each year everything gets worse. (more expensive, now we have wristbands, no printed magazine for us to read while in line, huge crowds of people milling about in the autograph area)

At least there seems to be less fools selling "tobacco pipes and swords" the last few years. And less people screaming "Graphic novels, 50% off!!!!" at the top of their lungs.

Wow, it looks like I am the only one here who prefers C2E2. I have gone to every WW Chicago since it started, and it just seems to me that each year everything gets worse. (more expensive, now we have wristbands, no printed magazine for us to read while in line, huge crowds of people milling about in the autograph area)

At least there seems to be less fools selling "tobacco pipes and swords" the last few years. And less people screaming "Graphic novels, 50% off!!!!" at the top of their lungs.

It is expensive, but very few shows can compete with the number and quality of dealers at this show, and the quality books they bring. I know it's a wizard show, but the Chicago Comiccon has always been a quality show, ever since I've been going to it when it was still held at the Ramada.

Im with you. C2e2 is an overall better show.

Im with you. C2e2 is an overall better show.

+1

I will be having a dinner at The Squared Circle pub north of downtown Chicago, as my buddy is a wrestler (NOT greggy). Think it is towards the Lincoln Park area. Is that restaurant area safe for Canadians at night :wishluck:?