• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 21-24, 2014

326 posts in this topic

yeah that area is fine.

...the fact that your friend is a wrestler is an odd reason to go to a wrestling themed restaurant.

Thats like saying I went to rain forest cafe because my Uncle is a famous jungle explorer.

I will be there for the 31st year in a row. I messed up and waited too late and couldn't get the Hyatt because it is sold out. Ended up getting the Crowne Plaza for $99/day so all is not lost.

I was also shocked to see the 4-day passes sold out. I went ahead and got a VIP package because it made more economical sense to do that. At least I will get a 4-day pass that way, but still, it feels like I'm getting reamed. :P

That'll teach me to procrastinate! :cry:

Ah well, four days of funny books and good friends and cold drinks. What's not to love?

I missed out on the 4 day pass as well.

Anybody out there not going 1 of the days (Thursday?) that would like to sell one? hm

I am not sure how this would work. You get a wristband that Wizard employees put on themselves to make sure it is good and tight. The pass is thus not transferrable...

One (or more?) of the Amazon Local/Groupon/Living Social sites is selling a one-day Thursday pass for $20-something.

Thank you for letting me know this! I paid $23 on Amazon local versus $40+ tax directly through the main site. I want to get there early on Thursday to make sure I'll be able to drop off my books to CGC. I wonder if deals will come up for Friday and Sunday as well. hm

Thanks for clearing up the other info fellas, didn't know you couldn't transfer passes and what not.

Now I just need to pay $112.74 for Fri and Sat passes. Lesson learned, definitely not waiting until the last moment next year to purchase my tickets.

Booth 137. Come see us!

do I get any special privileges if I bring a bandana. :wishluck:

Damn, I thought you weren't going to make it.