• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 21-24, 2014

326 posts in this topic

One (or more?) of the Amazon Local/Groupon/Living Social sites is selling a one-day Thursday pass for $20-something.

I want to get there early on Thursday to make sure I'll be able to drop off my books to CGC.

Last year, two dealers dropped off hundreds to be graded and CGC would not accept any submission after that.

I was still submitting books into Friday , and got them back by late sunday

I dropped books off on Wed, and they never got done. No more onsite for me. Saves me the aggravation.

One (or more?) of the Amazon Local/Groupon/Living Social sites is selling a one-day Thursday pass for $20-something.

I want to get there early on Thursday to make sure I'll be able to drop off my books to CGC.

Last year, two dealers dropped off hundreds to be graded and CGC would not accept any submission after that.

I dropped books off on Wed, and they never got done. No more onsite for me. Saves me the aggravation.

No more onsite for me either. Last year was the ultimate slap in the face to the average submitter. That just should not have happened. Sorry CGC.

No more onsite for me either. Last year was the ultimate slap in the face to the average submitter. That just should not have happened. Sorry CGC.

I agree, but lets not rehash that whole debacle, its not worth getting riled up again about it. P.M. me what days your going.

Can't make Chicago this year. I have a room booked at the Hyatt, before I cancel I thought I would offer it up to the boards. I'm sure I can have the reservation changed. Let me ASAP as I will be cancelling this weekend.

:tonofbricks:

See you in NY?

I have flights booked for the family but if a hotel doesn't come up for cheaper we are going to Florida. Chicago Hotel is spoken for

That's not true.

You should have gone to WW Philly this year, Bob - CGC took onsite books pretty much all day Saturday (and a handful Sunday morning). Here's hoping Chicago will be the same :wishluck:

I was able to sweet talk them into grading two books for me on Friday when the doors opened. CGC had said they weren't taking anymore onsite subs at that point.

If you're talking about WW Chicago last year, CGC took 2 boxes of books Friday morning.

Mike:

Will CGC do a copy of Hard Boiled onsite SS for Darrow? Is it designated as a magazine, i.e., not onsite? I ask because I'm guessing you've done one before.

Hitting the road around 1 PM today. See everyone there.

for 35 seconds. (thumbs u

Not this year. Only took a small amount of on-site work. I will be at the show at least 3 full days.

Hitting the road around 1 PM today. See everyone there.

for 35 seconds. (thumbs u

Not this year. Only took a small amount of on-site work. I will be at the show at least 3 full days.

What booth number are you at this year?

Mike:

Will CGC do a copy of Hard Boiled onsite SS for Darrow? Is it designated as a magazine, i.e., not onsite? I ask because I'm guessing you've done one before.

No, unfortunately not - the Hard Boiled books are slabbed as magazines, so no onsite.

Mike:

No, unfortunately not - the Hard Boiled books are slabbed as magazines, so no onsite.

Thanks. See you in a few days.