• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed or Unsigned

54 posts in this topic

So I'm sure there is an already existing thread discussing this but I couldn't find it, namely because I didn't look for it.

So High worth books, signed or unsigned, and for this discussion lets keep it relevant "big" name signatures. For instance I'm not a fan of getting Stan Lee to sign something he didn't directly contribute to. For instance, I personally would not want his signature in ASM 129 as he didn't write it, just my thoughts. What does eveyone think?

Oh boy...they are going to lambast you for this one! I will answer though. I actually like that I had Stan Lee sign my most valuable or sentimental comics. It's not for everyone but it meant something to me and they will stay in my collection for as long as possible.

Guest Grails

I think there were some polls done and more than half of the board participants would not have SA/GA or pedigreed books signed.

I fall into the camp where any book is game for the right signature.

I have an ASM 129 and I would only get it signed by Dolph Lundgrin.

Hands down the best Punisher. (thumbs u

I'd agree, until I saw Tomas Jane's short film love letter to the Punisher last year.

That was bad

for those who missed it.

I'd agree, until I saw Tomas Jane's short film love letter to the Punisher last year.

That was bad

for those who missed it.

I'm sorry but until they fix the family vacation shoot out part of the story, Thomas Jane Punisher < Dolph Lundgrin cop-punisher

That was bad

for those who missed it.

I'm sorry but until they fix the family vacation shoot out part of the story, Thomas Jane Punisher < Dolph Lundgrin cop-punisher

That's why the link isn't to the Tomas Jane Punisher movie :baiting:

That was bad

for those who missed it.

That's why the link isn't to the Tomas Jane Punisher movie :baiting:

Him as Punisher is just no good. Watch real Punisher

I'm in the same camp as Grails.

I am unlikely to get an old, key, of significant worth, signed. But I'm also unlikely to ever own an old key of significant worth.

But a key I can afford, if it's is signed by the right people, I'll go for it.

When it comes to current books - I usually only go for the yellow label in CGC. Otherwise, I'd just get a raw copy.

That said, when it comes to sigs I only want the people directly responsible for the book to sign it. First priority the cover artist or cover team (pencils, inks, colours), second priority the writer.

Creators are also fair game. I'd get a Stan Lee on a comic that he created the character for, even if it's an issue he didn't directly play a creative role in. But I'd be pretty selective about it. Stan has a gift for placing an ugly sig in a bad spot.

It's not uncommon to see auctions that have the wrong person's sig on the book.. they weren't involved, or didn't do the cover etc... for example, I got excited one time when drunk and bid for and won a variant cover SS, where the sig on the book was from the artist within the book, but not the cover artist. Always regretted that one.

I'm a big fan of

It's your book, do what will make you happy

If resale price plays a factor, then factor it.

I'd love to have a 129 signed by dolph, Tom Jane, and ray and maybe John travolta