• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on pricing hype

15 posts in this topic

So we all have witnessed the the unbelievable price jumps on Avengers 54 and 55 after the announcement at SDCC. I currently have no clue how to price these books. I sold 54 in an 8.5 for $325 last week (which I thought was awesome), and I watched one come off yesterday in an 8.5 for $480.

I have a 9.4 (only 21 books higher). I have no idea what to ask for it. Considering that the last 2 Avengers 55 sales averages $1425, and those books have always tracked similarly in price (yes 55 is slightly more in demand, but it also has double the supply) would $1000 be crazy to expect? I want to sell this thing I just basically have no idea how to price it because I've haven't seen crazyness like this in comics ever. Believe me I'll be happy with what I get, but I also don't want to sell it and watch one sell for double next week. Opinions?

I'm not a seller,but if the going rate is 1400 that's what I would price it at.If someone comes on with an offer that you like that's higher than 1K,and you both agree.Nice! (thumbs u

This. You rarely go wrong with an asking price at GPA on a hot book. You can always accept an offer that makes you happy.

I get that, but there is no recent GPA on a 9.4. There aren't may out there (Only 29 of this post). The best I can do is guestimate on what an 8.5 sold for. I do have data on Avengers 55 in a 9.4, but that isn't the same book, even though they were similar in price prior to the SDCC.

I have no idea when the August Clink auction starts, but that is always a good venue for this type of book.

EDIT: auction starts in like 2 days, but if you want to wait til September you could get in on that one.

I think an auction would be your best bet. It's a hot book, so you don't have to worry about it selling for below market value. And like you said, there aren't "that" many 9.4's out there, so you may get two crazy bidders to run it up.

Have to pay the ~10% in fees, but seems worth it to me to avoid the worry of another one selling for more than your copy in the near future.

Thanks all. I think part of my hesitation is that I really like the book, and I'll miss it. But I can use the proceeds to get some other books I like. I went through this same dilema with my IM 55 a few months back. I just saw a 9.2 on comic connect. I see where that ends up and then decide. Thanks for all the advice.

Online auctions were the game changer for pricing efficiency. The fee off ebay is chump change if you want to reach max audience. Again this is a hot book. Strike while the iron is hot. I do not get the hype on this book, so if I were you Id move sooner than later and parlay the money into something you like equally as well but w more price stability, but easy to move should you need cash in long range... ex Daredevil #1, Avengers #4 you get the idea.

GLWTS

to me #54 was one of the hardest books for me to locate for my Avengers run. I remember coming across lots of nice 55s before I found a 54 keeper. Ebay seems like a good option if you have a decent feedback history.

History, schmistery.

Put it up for sale at 10% below the top 3 copies and let fly. Put up a "best offer" option for quicker results.

If someone will buy german newspapers from switzerland and expect to receive an AF15, then someone will buy your overpriced Avengers 54!

to me #54 was one of the hardest books for me to locate for my Avengers run. I remember coming across lots of nice 55s before I found a 54 keeper. Ebay seems like a good option if you have a decent feedback history.

History, schmistery.

Put it up for sale at 10% below the top 3 copies and let fly. Put up a "best offer" option for quicker results.

If someone will buy german newspapers from switzerland and expect to receive an AF15, then someone will buy your overpriced Avengers 54!

:roflmao: