• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August CLink Focused Auction Thread

210 posts in this topic

[originally posted these in General before realizing they might be of more interest here]

I am just starting to explore GA books, so I started with some bottom fishing in this sale. Here's what I pulled up:

Yellowjacket8_zps002fe032.jpg

Would love to hear any thoughts, reactions or insights you care to share.

Thanks!

Not my idea of bottom fishing, exactly! That Yellowjacket 8 includes a very early horror story. You should read it online:

Yellowjacket # 8

Thanks jimbo! Just visited that site (which is new to me) and read the story. Great stuff! As adamstrange mentioned a few posts back, looks like the EC crew pretty blatantly ripped off that "narrator" for their Crypt-Keeper.

Appreciate you chiming in.

Thanks jimbo! Just visited that site (which is new to me) and read the story. Great stuff! As adamstrange mentioned a few posts back, looks like the EC crew pretty blatantly ripped off that "narrator" for their Crypt-Keeper.

No problem! I hope you have fun exploring GA material.

The idea of having a narrator was popular for suspense oriented radio shows in the 40s so even Yellowjacket comics just adapted an idea from another medium.

The idea of having a narrator was popular for suspense oriented radio shows in the 40s so even Yellowjacket comics just adapted an idea from another medium.

I am the Whistler, and I know many things, for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, hidden in the hearts of men and women who have stepped into the shadows. Yes... I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. :D

[originally posted these in General before realizing they might be of more interest here]

I am just starting to explore GA books, so I started with some bottom fishing in this sale. Here's what I puled up:

Yellowjacket1_zps56477af8.jpg

Yellowjacket8_zps002fe032.jpg

ElleryQueen2_zps8cbe97ba.jpg

ElleryQueen4_zpsda83ee76.jpg

MargesLittleLulu63_zpsa94a1fdf.jpg

Would love to hear any thoughts, reactions or insights you care to share.

Thanks!

You have very discerning taste for a GA neophyte. Nice choices.