• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grahamcrakers comics

158 posts in this topic

Crappy customer service (+1 on always feeling like I am bothering him) and high prices (more than the average bear).

(shrug)

What is the comic? Do you like the price and grade?

If so buy it, if not you can probably find a comparable copy at a better price with the help of someone on the boards and patience.

That is unless it is too rare in which case it is a gut call.

Crappy customer service (+1 on always feeling like I am bothering him) and high prices (more than the average bear).

(shrug)

What is the comic? Do you like the price and grade?

If so buy it, if not you can probably find a comparable copy at a better price with the help of someone on the boards and patience.

That is unless it is too rare in which case it is a gut call.

He can be a bit gruff at times but then most comic dealers have their quirks.

He's always been easy to deal with on my end but then I generally get along with most.

Luckily, his books are pretty over priced, and his customer service, to me at least, sucks, which saves me the hassle of having to deal with him.

And yeah, count me in as someone who has felt like a bother to him or those working for him upon visiting his booth at cons.

I dealt with him for the first time at Orlando Megacon earlier this year. His employees in the booth, at least the English guy I dealt with, were very friendly. Mr. Graham seemed to not want to be bothered, at first.

Anyway, after the English guy helped me look at a couple books, including my main target book inside and out, I made an offer on my target. My offer was a fairly significant reduction off the asking price, but not offensive. The amount was high enough still to suggest I was a serious buyer. The English guy took my offer to Mr. Graham, which immediately changed his demeanor and interest level in the interaction. Mr. Graham came straight to me, we negotiated a little more and found a price with which we were both happy and the deal was done. I was very satisfied with my single encounter with Mr. Graham.

There are alot of fans of Jamie Graham.I am not one of them.

3 words:

Valiant Sneak Peak

-slym

Explain - I caught a brief mention of it on Valiant Fan but that was about it.

While I can echo some of the sentiment above about people interaction; I have never had a bad transaction with them. As for the prices, at a con I always assume haggle room and offer with that in mind. I picked up a couple books in StL with an offer and cash in hand.

I placed one order with GCC last year, trying to track down some Dave Stevens books. Out of 11 books, two were even in the grade range posted on the site. All were shipped back for a full refund.

Sorry, but never again.

p.s. But his store did pay for the return shipping, which to me was a plus in this transaction. So he has that going for him.

I have ordered several things. I don't like that it always says vf/nm on description... I have called a few times to make sure it was on the NM side. They are always 9.6 if not 9.8 copies.

Website is hard to navigate and sometimes have to scroll through several pages to find something.

I placed one order with GCC last year, trying to track down some Dave Stevens books. Out of 11 books, two were even in the grade range posted on the site. All were shipped back for a full refund.

Sorry, but never again.

p.s. But his store did pay for the return shipping, which to me was a plus in this transaction. So he has that going for him.

+1

Bought 3 books from him off eBay and returned all for a refund due to over-grading. He was amiable enough about the return.

I continued to look at his listings for awhile but on examining the scans closely they always appeared over-graded as well. I finally just started avoiding his listings altogether.

My experience combined with some of the stories I've read on this board make GCC one of those recommendations that always leaves me scratching my head.

Sorry, but never again.

+1

Bought 3 books from him off eBay and returned all for a refund due to over-grading. He was amiable enough about the return.

I continued to look at his listings for awhile but on examining the scans closely they always appeared over-graded as well. I finally just started avoiding his listings altogether.

My experience combined with some of the stories I've read on this board make GCC one of those recommendations that always leaves me scratching my head.

Experiences are like snowflakes, each one unique and a singular wonder all its own.