• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions for Overstreet #35

127 posts in this topic

As for this whole genre debate - horror, supernatural, etc. - that goes waaaay back before me, so I have no idea about the determining of those distinctions, I'm afraid. That ultimately comes down to Bob, so if you feel strongly about it, by all means send him a letter at our mailing address. Hey, it can't hurt to say what you think.

Arnold

See how EVERYONE ignores old Pov? That's it. I've had it and I am out of here.

All those years that they offered a limited edition leather(?) edition,I've never seen one.

How about a special holographic cover with a plate inside signed by yourself,Mr Overstreet and the cover artist.I've heard that holograph covers sell like crazy.

You've sold me. Next year we offer the usual three covers, the BIG BIG version, a limited edition leather-bound hologram-enhanced signature series edition with a special chromium bookplate, and a gold-plated edition with gilded pages, 3-dimensional expanding text that hovers in front of you so you don't have to look at the pages and an audio option with us reading every single listing to you as you read.

It's gonna be one hell of a year for the Guide!

laugh.gif

BLBs are (sadly) just a cut above platinum age comics in the minds of 99.99% of the public at large....nobody's interested, nobody cares.

I'm interested:::...BLB's are cool little pieces of nostalgia with sometimes bright and colorful hard covers...and inside are neat little stories with b&w artwork strewn without...

I care:::...I love 'em...and I really don't care if they appreciate in value...I just like owning and collecting them... grin.gif

Their inclusion in the OSPG and least presents them to the masses as a viable collectable....lotsa people probably just don't even know they exist..

Glad to find a 'brother in arms' on the BLB front smile.gif

And I think your last point is a very safe one - the % of people under 60 who know that BLBs exist is probably less than 1.

Not knockin' the fact that they're in the guide - I'm very happy about that - just not convinced there's much of a market for BLBs... now if CGC would just start slabbing them....!!

thumbsup2.gif

Now,if you put the hologram on the wrap around cellaphane cover,it will ensure no-one opens the book,saving you all sorts of printing costs. Of course,some of the advertisers might object,but what the heck,its a hologram!These things always go up in value.

Not that I own any wink.gif, but will books with excessive nudity ever be listed in the Overstreet price guide? These may include the 1970's Sally Forth magazine size books, or the more recent Hellina or Vamperotika comic books.

Since the subject came up, here's a design suggestion:

In the paperback OS, you have those great black index squares in the upper right corner of each odd-numbered page that show where you are in the alphabet. That's great if you're right-handed and flip through the book front to back. But I'm left-handed and flip through the book back to front. No index squares on the even-numbered pages. How about adding them in the next edition as a courtesy for the lefties out there?

893applaud-thumb.gif The right handed bias in this world frustrated.gif