• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question? which gold book is better to have/more valuable

36 posts in this topic

hi im new here-but collecting comics for many years especially wonderwoman gold and silver-but I have a question, more of a dilemma that I cant decide upon (maybe im blinded to the obvious answer cause im to close to it) and need some help from dear new friends who are knowledgeable and don't have anything invested in the answer. so onto my question: its a "which book is better to have/more valuable question" my friend and I have the same book and he wants to trade straight up and I need to know which is worth more-I have a 9.2 graded sensation #60 with white pages with the san Francisco pedigree-he has the same book, sensation #60, graded at a 9.4 with ow/w pages and no pedigree-so his book is graded higher-so which book would you say is better/worth more...and if this isn't the right forum for this please forgive me-im new and maybe direct me to the proper board but all input is welcome-thank you

thank you all for the advice-really appreciate it and your kindness-I will keep my book and tell him no-cant understand why my book only came back a 9.2, but hey-like you said it is a reilly copy-so I guess its not worth the extra .2 in grade to trade-I love pedigree books and especially san francisco-they are great books

thank you all for the advice-really appreciate it and your kindness-I will keep my book and tell him no-cant understand why my book only came back a 9.2, but hey-like you said it is a reilly copy-so I guess its not worth the extra .2 in grade to trade-I love pedigree books and especially san francisco-they are great books

On what basis do you know that it is the Reilly copy? Is it only based on the CGC label or are there markings on the book? What is the page quality?

On what basis do you know that it is the Reilly copy? Is it only based on the CGC label or are there markings on the book? What is the page quality?

I think what AdamStrange might be alluding to here is that the San Francisco collection is well-known for the books ending in mid-late 1945. The problem with Sensation Comics #60 is that it came out December 1946, well over 1 year after the San Francisco collection supposedly ended. I have seen other late numbered SF Sensations that are coded, so it is possible. The Sensation #60 does have a "code" on the top of the cover, I've seen it... I'm just not sure if it's correct.

I think what AdamStrange might be alluding to here is that the San Francisco collection is well-known for the books ending in mid-late 1945. The problem with Sensation Comics #60 is that it came out December 1946, well over 1 year after the San Francisco collection supposedly ended. I have seen other late numbered SF Sensations that are coded, so it is possible. The Sensation #60 does have a "code" on the top of the cover, I've seen it... I'm just not sure if it's correct.

West, was it the "G" distributor code?

Sensation57.jpg

Unless there was a quite noticeable difference in presentation, I would definitely keep the SF copy.

This.

Another way to look at it: why is your friend even interested in the downgrade from a 9.4 to a 9.2 in the first place?

It could be a "G" on the cover. It's a little up to interpretation as to what the scribble is.

I admit that it would be hurriedly written cursive capital G but what else are you thinking it could be?

The OP mentioned the PQ on his book is white and the PQ on his friend's book is OW-W.

The OP mentioned the PQ on his book is white and the PQ on his friend's book is OW-W.

Missed that :blush:

Unless there was a quite noticeable difference in presentation, I would definitely keep the SF copy.

This.

Another way to look at it: why is your friend even interested in the downgrade from a 9.4 to a 9.2 in the first place?

This is a good question to ask.

I think the pedigree is just as cool as any previous posted opinions. Some pedigrees, with mile high being the only exception, that I have seen side by side with non-pedigree books graded equal or lower than the pedegree that actually look nicer. It all depends on a book by book basis

Each book will have its attributes and flaws. It all comes down to what you like.

Pictures of both books would be helpful too for more opinions on which to choose.