• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the "key" horror and science fiction 1950s comics?

67 posts in this topic

Some are prized as much for their scarcity as what is on the cover.

DarkMysteries10CGC85_zps33636d3e.jpg

:cry:

I want that!

:sumo:

In order to acquire this issue you fist have to journey to Tibet and live among the lamas, while meditating for 6 months on a diet of fomented yak curd.

That's what I did!

I had a frozen yogurt topped with pieces of a Butterfinger once at an airport terminal. Does that count?

[font:Times New Roman]One of the key SF books (last WSF & last pre-code EC)...[/font]

bc1e41cc-a105-4913-be51-fe8587bfa63a_zps06f880ef.jpg

..and arguably the greatest cover ever!

:cloud9:

I want that!

In order to acquire this issue you fist have to journey to Tibet and live among the lamas, while meditating for 6 months on a diet of fomented yak curd.

That's what I did!

I had a frozen yogurt topped with pieces of a Butterfinger once at an airport terminal. Does that count?

Was the airport in Tibet? Was the frozen yoghurt served by a lama? C'mon buddy, spill!

I want that!

That's what I did!

Was the airport in Tibet? Was the frozen yoghurt served by a lama? C'mon buddy, spill!

It was in Des Moines and I think there was a picture of a llama on the wall.

I want that!

That's what I did!

It was in Des Moines and I think there was a picture of a llama on the wall.

Hah! You think I don't know Des Moines isn't in Tibet?

But there are always books that fly under the radar

BewareTerrortales780.jpg

I would like to buy this from you. Many pleases and several thank yous.

Unfortunately another boardie has first dibs (if I ever sell) . I'm sure a better copy will turn up in due course. Is there a Spokane copy? Spokane generally trumps River City!