• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOONEYTHON 17 - RECAP & TRACKING NUMBERS ON PAGETH 18

193 posts in this topic

Ok the next bunch of books are UK editions of the original Silver Surfer series by Lee and Buscema... called THE SUPER-HEROES. Some are out of order from the original presentation in the states, but the majority are here. These also feature early Lee & Kirby X-men back-up stories as well.

The majority of these I consider upper midgrade and a few have a little back cover wear usually around the edges. Not many though, and not enough to worry about listing anyway.

I will be selling these in lots of three for $15 a lot. Buy two or more lots and take $5 off your total on these ( ie you buy three lots of UK Surfers for a total of nine issues and you only have to pay $40...easy peasy)

THE SUPER-HEROES # 3, 4, 6 LOT - $15

img271_zps38656453.jpg

img272_zps6c2e5238.jpg

img273_zpsa42c4096.jpg

take the 9 issue lot

Which three lots do you want Ray?

There are five lots of Surfers to choose from. Any three lots will equal 9 issues.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Ok the next bunch of books are UK editions of the original Silver Surfer series by Lee and Buscema... called THE SUPER-HEROES. Some are out of order from the original presentation in the states, but the majority are here. These also feature early Lee & Kirby X-men back-up stories as well.

The majority of these I consider upper midgrade and a few have a little back cover wear usually around the edges. Not many though, and not enough to worry about listing anyway.

I will be selling these in lots of three for $15 a lot. Buy two or more lots and take $5 off your total on these ( ie you buy three lots of UK Surfers for a total of nine issues and you only have to pay $40...easy peasy)

THE SUPER-HEROES # 3, 4, 6 LOT - $15

img271_zps38656453.jpg

img272_zps6c2e5238.jpg

img273_zpsa42c4096.jpg

take the 9 issue lot

There are five lots of Surfers to choose from. Any three lots will equal 9 issues.

xxx ooo

Rupp

sorry, will take all 5 lots

take the 9 issue lot

xxx ooo

Rupp

sorry, will take all 5 lots

You got 'em all Ray :) Thanks buddy :)

^^

List some more OA you smelly pirate hooker. :sumo:

I've got one more page to list tonight hm

Let me rest my digits and I will get back on here asap :grin:

Wash the musk off and get to listing. It better be something I haven't seen before. I've been in since the ground floor of these fests and I want some passion up in this biznatch.

CAPTAIN MARVEL VOL. 5, #4 - PAGE 13 - $300

CLASSIC ALL PENCIL IVAN REIS PAGE FROM THE PETER DAVID RUN.

FULL PAGE SPLASH OF COSMIC ENTITY, ENTROPY FROM HIS FIRST APPEARANCE.

You can't get a sweet full page splash from the Artist's Choice of Reis artwork for less than $500... at least not that I could find. Most were $700 and up.

Beautiful penciled page here.

IMG_20130818_232540_562_zpsaa9db09f.jpg

SCOOBY DOO # 1 - RARE GOLD KEY FROM 1969

Ok lets start with the bad. This book has obviously been gang raped by a toy box and probably spent the last 40 years in the bottom of a newspaper box in someone's attic. Front cover = raped... back cover = raped... centerfold = missing (probably murdered after being raped) with multiple other pages bent (during rape) and folded over. Saying this book needs a press is more of a necessity rather than an understatement.

Now the good. It still IS a Scooby Doo # 1 from Gold Key. The cover is still attached and with a little shifting in a mylar after a few weeks under some encyclopedias... could actually display well.

The best thing about it... ITS ONLY $10 !

Hard to find even VG- copies for less than $50 now... this pristine 0.5 will only cost you a ten spot. ;)

To even entice you more... lets say you buy my Scooby # 2 here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6957294&fpart=1

... and I will throw this puppy in for FREE ! Just claim it ok ;)

ACTUALLY SOLD THE DAMN THING TO BAZ :ohnoez:

img310_zps405a662f.jpg

img311_zpse7c28178.jpg

Ok lets start with the bad. This book has obviously been gang raped by a toy box and probably spent the last 40 years in the bottom of a newspaper box in someone's attic. Front cover = raped... back cover = raped... centerfold = missing (probably murdered after being raped) with multiple other pages bent (during rape) and folded over. Saying this book needs a press is more of a necessity rather than an understatement.

Now the good. It still IS a Scooby Doo # 1 from Gold Key. The cover is still attached and with a little shifting in a mylar after a few weeks under some encyclopedias... could actually display well.

The best thing about it... ITS ONLY $10 !

Hard to find even VG- copies for less than $50 now... this pristine 0.5 will only cost you a ten spot. ;)

To even entice you more... lets say you buy my Scooby # 2 here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6957294&fpart=1

... and I will throw this puppy in for FREE ! Just claim it ok ;)

img310_zps405a662f.jpg

img311_zpse7c28178.jpg

*sigh* You have such a hold over me that I have to post a :takeit: on the worst thing you've posted so far in the thread. (just for the #1, that is)

*sigh* You have such a hold over me that I have to post a :takeit: on the worst thing you've posted so far in the thread. (just for the #1, that is)

^^ !

Thanks Baz :headbang:

This truly is the worst copy I've ever seen of this book. Congrats :grin:

Are you sure I can't twist your arm and make you buy that #2 so I can give this to you? I sure would feel better about it ;)

HYPER-REAL: THE ART OF MARTIN EDMOND - $10

This book barely fit into my scanner... its got width lol

Original retail of $25 and showcases the mean, sadistic Verotika style artwork that Edmond is famous for. From Danzig's own Verotika publishing too.

WARNING: This has some mean, wild, nudie illustrations that are quite beautiful in their own, demented way. Not for the church group or the people who can't watch the Last House on the Left remake ;)

SOLD TO MrDeafComics

img312_zps03f6797e.jpg

MARVEL COLLECTORS' ITEM CLASSICS # 1 - 1965 KING SIZE

VG/VG+ - YOURS FOR ONLY $15

General wear on this solid copy of a squarebound classic..... and will be 50 years old in about 15 months too.

img327_zps5917dfd5.jpg

img328_zpsc9f13e1a.jpg

MARVEL SUPER ACTION # 18 - GLOSSY NM - $10

Can't afford an Avengers #57... why worry? This 1980 reprint reads just the same and probably looks better than most original copies you can buy at the shows. Plus its a buttload cheaper too.

img326_zpsb7ac4db9.jpg

STARTLING DETECTIVE - NOV 1957 - SOLID FINE/VF

Fawcett Publications magazine.

Book does have small chip out of bottom of spine, not obtrusive but there.

You ever just want to kill your wife? Do you have a problem telling her that? Well here is your informative, Christmas stocking stuffer to let her know how you really feel ;)

Yours for only $15.

img325_zps13358489.jpg