• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another German eBay comic scam?

21 posts in this topic

Is it me, or is the book *way* too tight for that holder. It runs all the way to the edge. The GA slabs I've seen come in about 1/8-1/4" on the sides (to accomodate for the welds)... Or am I wrong?

$(KGrHqR,!qIFHw5jZWpHBSE8uBUTpQ~~60_57.JPG

Is it me, or is the book *way* too tight for that holder. It runs all the way to the edge. The GA slabs I've seen come in about 1/8-1/4" on the sides (to accomodate for the welds)... Or am I wrong?

That's the way GA books look. It's tight.

Serial number matches, GPA has the sale in June at $36k.

Ahhh ... the usual "pay no attention to the oddly floating slab with the obviously-fake Photoshop noise used to hide the cropped edges"-scam.

Ahhh ... the usual "pay no attention to the oddly floating slab with the obviously-fake Photoshop noise used to hide the cropped edges"-scam.

You guys that understand photoshop are like wizards. I, in turn, feel like a caveman. And not the leader of the cavemen, either. The dude that is responsible for keeping the cave free of dung, maybe.

yea he takes picture with his name and then Photoshop's a book into it.

Well I feel really stupid because I was wondering where all these books on the same counter are coming from for him to conveniently put in his name. Wow. My bad

The real owner has it up for sale here.

I'm not finding the scam auction that started the thread, but the auction I liked to above has the same serial number and you can see where the scammer photoshopped out some glare from the original and toned down the flash/glare from the red buildings on the right lower side of the cover.

Horst: (Sinister) Okay, Mr. Burns, you win. But beware. We Germans aren't all smiles and sunshine.

Mr. Burns: (Sarcastic) Oooh, the Germans are mad at me. I'm so scared! Oooh, the Germans! (Hiding behind Smithers) Uh oh, the Germans are going to get me!

Horst: Stop it!

Man: Stop, sir.

Mr. Burns: Don't let the Germans come after me. Oh no, the Germans are coming after me.

Man: Please stop the "pretending you are scared" game, please.

Horst: Stop it! Stop it!

Mr. Burns: (Pause) No! They're so big and strong!

Man: Stop it.

Horst: Stop it, Mr. Burns.

Man: Please stop pretending you are scared of us, please, now.

Mr. Burns: Oh, protect me from the Germans! The Germans--

Horst: Burns, Stop it!

Read more tv spoilers at: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/okay-mr-burns-you-win-but-beware-we-germans-arent-all-smil/#ixzz2cZdaPveJ