• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best PEDIGREE collection to collect & why?

51 posts in this topic

I have an Oakland Our Army At War that is very sharp. However, the Boston GI Combat I have is stellar!

I have some Diamond Runs and they aren't anything special when compared to other peds.

People badmouth the new Peds like Twin Cities and Suscha News. I can tell you one thing, i have NEVER heard someone say a Twin Cities book in hand wasnt AMAZING. I probably have 20 or so and every single one of them is as nice a copy as you will ever see imo :cloud9:

Talking SIlver Peds here......

I'm thinking Funk is right, in hand, the Twin Cities colors just pop, they jump out at you. Scans don't do these books justice.

The Green River ped stands out for their freshness but it was a very small pedigree, not many issues.

The Curator ped has to be considered for their overall freshness and page quality. Best pages out there.

All the Northlands I've ever seen were spectacular, though I haven't seen a bunch. White Mountains, while not always ultra high grade, have gloss that must be seen to be believed...... deserving of the hype. They also have a very neat aroma..... pop one and see for yourself.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have several Western Penn's and I always try to get those when I can.

I bought 5 Western Penn pedigrees as I was filling in my Daredevil Miller Run. :cloud9: I also bought a sixth non-Miller Western Penn DD. I'll always try to find them now just to match up with the others in my collection and read up on the history of the collection when I signed up on the Boards. Logan, if you ever have any DD Western Penns, feel free to PM me! :baiting::grin:

I have only two pedigree comics and didn't pay a premium for them. The only pedigree I would pay a premium for is the Okajima. And that's because of the story behind it.

I agree. I have one Okajima with the camp code notation on the cover. One of my favorite books.

thirded.

Okajima ped has one of the best stories, and the camp era books are very recognizable, and while they arent the highest of highest grades (though they have amazing page quality and colors) the story is head and shoulders above any other story I know.

I believe the White Chapel and Brad Squared "ped" books, are the worst pedigreed books around. As a whole.

Is there a worse pedigree around, overall quality wise?

A lot of the raw Savannah's I've seen aren't that great. Poor PQ and they kind of looked...dingy (shrug)

I have several Western Penn's and I always try to get those when I can.

I bought 5 Western Penn pedigrees as I was filling in my Daredevil Miller Run. :cloud9: I also bought a sixth non-Miller Western Penn DD. I'll always try to find them now just to match up with the others in my collection and read up on the history of the collection when I signed up on the Boards. Logan, if you ever have any DD Western Penns, feel free to PM me! :baiting::grin:

I love Western Penn's,the pages are bone white. :cloud9:

I believe the White Chapel and Brad Squared "ped" books, are the worst pedigreed books around. As a whole.

Is there a worse pedigree around, overall quality wise?

Those aren't pedigrees. Just 'collections' from the same source.