• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best PEDIGREE collection to collect & why?

51 posts in this topic

I'd like some info from the eggheads around here. I know there's a lot of knowledge around here but I'm not bein lazy and tryin' to pick peoples brains. I know mess about pedigrees really, so I can do my own research about their history or whatever. What I'm askin is in your opinion what is the best one to collect and why? I know it's subjective and all that, but you must have good reasons for payin' over the odds for these mothers. Also what is the best value pedigree in terms of buying/collecting? I'm not in the habit of goin after these type of books, but I'm interested in knowing if I should? hm

Thanks mofos

Other than the Church, i dont think you can say any is the "best".

I only do SA books and have probably close to as many Peds as anyone on here. Im pretty sure that i have at least 2 of every recognized SA Pedigree there is. They are all different and they all have good and bad individual issues. Personally, i LOVE the Curator books but there are a few i have that arent anything special other than the name. Most people will tell you Pacific Coast is out of this world but i have at least 2 of those that are probably my ugliest Pedigree issues. Buy the book not the Pedigree label unless for whatever reason you are trying to do a run of just ONE Pedigree.

oh and many, many MANY Pedigrees dont go for any substantial increase in price. Ive bought TONS of pedigrees even from VERY sought after Peds for less than GPA of a "regular" issue (thumbs u

I collect most BA stuff so I guess I'm somewhat partial to Rocky Mountains due to their availability and page quality.

To be honest, I've never really given much preference or thought towards any pedigree book over a non-pedigree one.

Other than the Church, i dont think you can say any is the "best".

I only do SA books and have probably close to as many Peds as anyone on here. Im pretty sure that i have at least 2 of every recognized SA Pedigree there is. They are all different and they all have good and bad individual issues. Personally, i LOVE the Curator books but there are a few i have that arent anything special other than the name. Most people will tell you Pacific Coast is out of this world but i have at least 2 of those that are probably my ugliest Pedigree issues. Buy the book not the Pedigree label unless for whatever reason you are trying to do a run of just ONE Pedigree.

oh and many, many MANY Pedigrees dont go for any substantial increase in price. Ive bought TONS of pedigrees even from VERY sought after Peds for less than GPA of a "regular" issue (thumbs u

Statistically speaking, the Gaines File Copies are the best Pedigree period. Average grade is around 9.5. I have owned 18 of these and they are without a doubt the cleanest, most perfectly preserved books out there. I have had a couple of the 9.8s that I swear look better than any modern 9.8 I have ever seen.

Plus it doesn't hurt that they are fairly accessable, and that ECs are uber cool.

I couldn't care less about a Pedigree... I would never go actively searching/buying one unless I fell into it. Like sufunk said: " Buy the book not the Pedigree label"

Now if the book you're diggin happens to be a Ped than sure, but I wouldn't put any premium on any of them, I seriously have no desire at this point to spend extra on something I know I can get cheaper that is essentially the exact same thing.

In terms of being the most known pedigree...it's Mile High.

Those books usually fetch a premium and are highly sought after.

It depends on your selection criteria. Do you want a pedigree based on condition, value, visibility, size, etc.

To me, the most interesting pedigrees to collect are the ones that are the most elusive, so I would rank Kansas City fairly high. I have never owned a KC book, but I hope to acquire one some day. Unfortunately, most of them are out of my price range because they're all #1's.

I have Twin Cities, Boston, Green River, Suscha News, White Mountain, Savannah, and Pacific Coast in my collection and honestly, I think Pacific Coast is a little overrated (at least the few books I own).

I love peds because of their history.

But in the end, all slabbed books have a bit of variance to them.

People badmouth the new Peds like Twin Cities and Suscha News. I can tell you one thing, i have NEVER heard someone say a Twin Cities book in hand wasnt AMAZING. I probably have 20 or so and every single one of them is as nice a copy as you will ever see imo :cloud9:

I have only two pedigree comics and didn't pay a premium for them. The only pedigree I would pay a premium for is the Okajima. And that's because of the story behind it.

I agree. I have one Okajima with the camp code notation on the cover. One of my favorite books.