• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

636 posts in this topic

Are the interiors of romance books as salacious as the covers? Are they good reads?

They vary. I think non-romance fans are missing something by ignoring them, as most do. Dana Dutch wrote some excellent stories -- add in Matt Baker's art and you have some of the best work ever done in comics, imho. Other stories had pedestrian art illustrating romance cliches.

The more I look at this cover, the more I like it. Great interiors with oversized panels. This is issue # 2 by Artful Pub.

photo DEARLONELY2_zps5a8185f0.jpg

Issue #3

photo DEARLONELY3_zpsa0c79cc8.jpg

Terrific Bill Ward cover

photo LOVECONF1_zpsdbf847fc.jpg

Terrific books! It's hard to pick just five...especially with Flex Mentallo starting things off with single census and or highest graded copies of some very rare stuff. I have seen dogfights over the Romantic Hearts catfight book, and collectors going crazy over the "Love of a Lunatic" Romantic Adventures 50.

Together with 143ksk's Romantic Adventures 49, these are half of ACG's "Fab Four" - a marked departure from the usual content in 1954 to test the waters for a new type of racy material. Didn't stick. Unfortunately.

The rare ACG Fab Four:

Romantic Adventures 49 - Jailbird's Romance

Romantic Adventures 50 - Love of a Lunatic

Lovelorn 52 - I Sold My Baby!

Lovelorn 53 - Heart of a Drunkard!

Terrific books! It's hard to pick just five...especially with Flex Mentallo starting things off with single census and or highest graded copies of some very rare stuff. I have seen dogfights over the Romantic Hearts catfight book, and collectors going crazy over the "Love of a Lunatic" Romantic Adventures 50.

Together with 143ksk's Romantic Adventures 49, these are half of ACG's "Fab Four" - a marked departure from the usual content in 1954 to test the waters for a new type of racy material. Didn't stick. Unfortunately.

The rare ACG Fab Four:

Romantic Adventures 49 - Jailbird's Romance

Romantic Adventures 50 - Love of a Lunatic

Lovelorn 52 - I Sold My Baby!

Lovelorn 53 - Heart of a Drunkard!

Great books. I've had RA 50 and Lovelorn 53 for years, but never found a copy of RA 49 while I was looking. Lovelorn 52, I wasn't as hot for, but would have picked up as well if I had seen it. I'd still buy both if I stumbled across them at a reasonable price, but I don't really look for them anymore. Bidding can get crazy on ebay for these books. I remember around 10 years ago a GD copy of Lovelorn 53 went for over $100 in a spirited bidding war.