• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name your favorite Bronze Age character that isn't named Wolverine or Punisher?!

124 posts in this topic

Ghost Rider. Just picked up a graded copy of #1. Do you think the value of this book has peaked?

I dunno...I kinda lean toward that. I'm selling my Moon Knight and GR stuff, but I may be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for this later...

Moon Knight would be my first choice followed very close by Ronnie Raymond (Firrestorm)

The third in the list would have to be my big Russian friend from X- Men smile.gif

--- BLUE DEVIL would beat them all...but to late a comic birthday

Which character that was created in the Bronze Age and doesn't have the name Wolverine or the Punisher attached to it is your favorite?

While I do not yet own a Werewolf #32 (and yes, I'm looking to buy one in 9.4 or higher!!) I would have to say Moon Knight is my favorite for one very simple reason...THE COSTUME!!! I know, I'm a total loser. But there has always been something about that Moon Knight costume I've always loved.

In no particular order.........

The Unkown Soldier

Deathlok the Destroyer

Starhawk of Guardians of the Galaxy

No one has any love for Warlord???

I thought slades first appearance was teen titans #2, whats he doing on the cover to warlord 1? 893whatthe.gif

I am adding Wonderman into this mix. I am a huge fan of the Vision (would he be bronze or silver) and when they re-introduced Wonderman in Avengers 151 through to 200 I thought he was a great character.

Brings me to my second vote here: Ms Marvel! And when she ditched the short skirt for the hot black outfit it was like Mrrooww!!

CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN were brought back in '77. Those stories of the Challengers were my favorites back then. Issues #81 to #87 and SUPER-TEAM FAMILY #8 thru #10 had all kinds of artists at the time. You had Adams, Buckler, Griffen, Giordano. You had guest stars up the wazoo. Ya had DEADMAN, Swamp Thing, RIP HUNTER TIME MASTER helping out the Challengers. Ya had some great stories going on back then by Conway. They started to seem like the old Challengers in these stories. And ya had thier costumes turn from yellow to purple to pink. PINK! I hated that color. What respectable heroes wear pink? Well it worked for them. They eventually changed the costumes back to the original purple. All cool good stories. Absolutely among my favorites for the time. thumbsup2.gif

Nobody else likes Sabretooth? mad.gif

I liked him enough to plunk some serious cash down to aquire his first apperance. Does that count? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it does smile.gif. I've got two of the 35 cent variants of his first appearance - so I like him a decent amount smile.gif.