• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name your favorite Bronze Age character that isn't named Wolverine or Punisher?!

124 posts in this topic

Which character that was created in the Bronze Age and doesn't have the name Wolverine or the Punisher attached to it is your favorite?

While I do not yet own a Werewolf #32 (and yes, I'm looking to buy one in 9.4 or higher!!) I would have to say Moon Knight is my favorite for one very simple reason...THE COSTUME!!! I know, I'm a total loser. But there has always been something about that Moon Knight costume I've always loved.

Well I know know Ghost Rider is close behind Wolvie and Punisher as an "obvious" choice, but I would still have to select him. His character was never really given proper development but the concept of the "penance stare" and making criminals "feel their victims pain" was really cool.

More obscure favorites would be Doc Samsom and Colossus (my favorite X-men).

Villian-wise I would have to say Bullseye, Thanos and Taskmaster.

Colossus is my favorite, too. Claremont really made him alot more than just the X-Men's "strong guy"

Honorable mentions(heroes): Moon Knight, Master of Kung Fu, and Iron Fist

(villains): Arcade, Wrecking Crew

Colossus is my favorite too. He has been much maligned over the years as being lame, and I've never totally understood why. I thought he was one of the more likable big-strong guys Marvel ever cranked out.

Having said that, I hope they don't bring him back from the dead! I wish they hadn't killed him to begin with, but I'm more sick of Marvel and DC bringing every character back from the dead.

Actually, when you compare the old X-Men to the new X-Men, the lack of a well-rounded strongman like Colossus is probably one of the main reasons for the success of one and the failure of the other.

I re-read those old X-Men's and it's amazing that Stan the Man didn't see the error of his ways, especially with those Juggernaut issues. Later they did try and turn The Beast into a Hulk-like character in Amazing Adventures, but that didn't catch on for long.