• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

One thing is for sure.............. DC will go into a death spiral, and never recover if this movie tanks.

Marvel/Disney will be set up for decades if Supes/Bats ends up being ridiculed.

That (thumbs u

Might be a good time to invest in Disney if you have no faith in Affleck to pull this off.

(tsk) It's already over-priced

One thing is for sure.............. DC will go into a death spiral, and never recover if this movie tanks.

Didn't you also say Man of Steel had crashed and burned, and would never make money?

hm

Marvel/Disney will be set up for decades if Supes/Bats ends up being ridiculed. Might be a good time to invest in Disney if you have no faith in Affleck to pull this off.

lol

Didn't you also say Man of Steel had crashed and burned, and would never make money?

hm

No, but I did post a link to a news story how MoS box office numbers plummeted after opening weekend. :(

There were some other info how studios are lucky to get 10 cents on the dollar of the overseas box office. And how a movie has to gross 2-3 times it's budget (domestically) to be profitable. Sooooo, MoS did not equal a grand slam for DC. It may even turn out to be a $$ loser for DC (depending on how the books are cooked).

Production Budget: $225 million

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $289,875,976 44.6%

+ Foreign: $359,500,000 55.4%

= Worldwide: $649,375,976

hm

No, but I did post a link to a news story how MoS box office numbers plummeted after opening weekend. :(

There were some other info how studios are lucky to get 10 cents on the dollar of the overseas box office. And how a movie has to gross 2-3 times it's budget (domestically) to be profitable. Sooooo, MoS did not equal a grand slam for DC. It may even turn out to be a $$ loser for DC (depending on how the books are cooked).

Total Lifetime Grosses

It was not a loser for DC. Otherwise, why would they invest in a follow-up, and include the other character that has succeeded in theaters?

If you still have the link to that story, can you send it over? I'd like to read through those details.

hm

Total Lifetime Grosses

if they conveniently forget the $170mm in product placement $ they got; seems unlikely

hm

Total Lifetime Grosses

It was not a loser for DC. Otherwise, why would they invest in a follow-up, and include the other character that has succeeded in theaters?

If you still have the link to that story, can you send it over? I'd like to read through those details.

Harry Potter movie made a billion dollars, yet the studio claimed it lost money. This is what I mean about how the studios manipulate their books. You can never know what the truth really is. This was discussed in a thread I started that contained several links. If I could get any satisfaction out of the search function here, I'd bump it up. Maybe you could find it? It had Man of Steel in the title.

Harry Potter movie made a billion dollars, yet the studio claimed it lost money. This is what I mean about how the studios manipulate their books. You can never know what the truth really is. This was discussed in a thread I started that contained several links. If I could get any satisfaction out of the search function here, I'd bump it up. Maybe you could find it? It had Man of Steel in the title.

I'll track it down. Hold tight.

But to attempt to compare a reboot to the success of Iron Man 3 or Avengers would be a tough comparison. As a relaunch, it actually was successful even without the additional $170 MM marketing revenue.

I do get though what you are talking about when it comes to studio accounting. Very tricky at times.

hm

Total Lifetime Grosses

if they conveniently forget the $170mm in product placement $ they got; seems unlikely

There was no mention of that, but it was just a news report after the second weekend of box office numbers. I think that $170mm you mention probably saved the "franchise". Let's face it.... It was the best Superman movie, but it was nothing to write home about. I enjoyed it, but don't have the desire to watch it 20 times like I do The Avengers, Batman Begins, Spider-Man 1 and 2, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, X-Men movies, etc.

But to attempt to compare a reboot to the success of Iron Man 3 or Avengers would be a tough comparison. As a relaunch, it actually was successful even without the additional $170 MM marketing revenue.

I do get though what you are talking about when it comes to studio accounting. Very tricky at times.

This one? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6802642

hm

Total Lifetime Grosses

How to use the search function.

This one?

This one? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6802642

I just found it too, but thank you Jeff. :foryou:(worship)