• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Much like the absurd claims in the Man of Steel thread, after the movie hits, >50% of you will be proclaiming this forthcoming travesty as the best movie ever made.

or people will just have their own opinions that others don't share and therefore can't really argue against as it's subjective and just because their own opinion isn't the same doesn't make it any less valid

i think that's what you were trying to say

:eyeroll:

Hiding behind "subjective-ness" is a farse.

Yes, one person can say that eating poo is wonderful and amazing, and virtually 100% of everyone else would call that person an id|ot.

But "subjective-ness" doesn't make 1 fool right. It makes 1 fool a fool.

I'm more entertained by the reaction to the choice, than I am disappointed, as I doubt I'd see the movie in the theater regardless of the casting. Snyder is a solid director, but Superman and Batman don't belong in a movie together anymore than they do a comic book. The SA World's Finest books were amusing due to their sheer sillyness, but the team-up makes about as much sense as Tracy meets Flash Gordon.

I'm more entertained by the reaction to the choice, than I am disappointed, as I doubt I'd see the movie in the theater regardless of the casting. Snyder is a solid director, but Superman and Batman don't belong in a movie together anymore than they do a comic book. The SA World's Finest books were amusing due to their sheer sillyness, but the team-up makes about as much sense as Tracy meets Flash Gordon.

Well said.

Hiding behind "subjective-ness" is a farse.

Yes, one person can say that eating poo is wonderful and amazing, and virtually 100% of everyone else would call that person an id|ot.

But "subjective-ness" doesn't make 1 fool right. It makes 1 fool a fool.

i see, and the failure to understand differences in opinions and personalities...what does that make a person? Hitler?

People all laughed and were outraged when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman.

People were also outraged and shocked when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker

And look what happened... Save your insults until you actually see the movie.

^^

My problem with Ben Affleck is that he is a movie star and not a charecter actor. He can't blend into a role it will always be Ben Affleck as Batman. Bale is a character actor he blends right into any role he plays case and point the Fighter, American Psycho, The Machinist to name a few.

Case and point look at Jack Nicholson great actor but he is always Jack in whatever role he plays, But look at DeNeiro or Johnny Depp they blend into a role and you believe they are that charecter/role

Bale set the bar way to high for Affleck to be a good Batman. People that are using Keaton as an example are way off base. Before Keaton there was no other Batman to base off of if he was any good. It was a blank slate

My problem with Ben Affleck is that he is a movie star and not a charecter actor. He can't blend into a role it will always be Ben Affleck as Batman. Bale is a character actor he blends right into any role he plays case and point the Fighter, American Psycho, The Machinist to name a few.

Case and point look at Jack Nicholson great actor but he is always Jack in whatever role he plays, But look at DeNeiro or Johnny Depp they blend into a role and you believe they are that charecter/role

Bale set the bar way to high for Affleck to be a good Batman. People that are using Keaton as an example are way off base. Before Keaton there was no other Batman to base off of if he was any good. It was a blank slate

Disagree.

Affleck is a professional Actor and can/will fit the role. That is why Casting Directors are paid high six figures, and breaking THAT job market cannot be done. When a successful CSA is ready to call it quits, they get to hand-pick their successor. I can't recall all the Guilds for Casting folks, but they DO get the Producer's/Studios' respect and attention.

CAL :hi:

Disagree.

Affleck is a professional Actor and can/will fit the role. That is why Casting Directors are paid high six figures, and breaking THAT job market cannot be done. When a successful CSA is ready to call it quits, they get to hand-pick their successor. I can't recall all the Guilds for Casting folks, but they DO get the Producer's/Studios' respect and attention.

CAL :hi:

MOS casting was really good for me, especially Michael Shannon...why would MOS 2 be any different?

Others have said it, Batman is fairly easy to play. Have him in the mask most of the time and it will be fine. He actually might be a good Wayne too. He has the look for it.

I'm not a big Affleck fan, but he's done some good stuff (along with some really bad stuff too). The Town was a great movie.

Five or ten years ago I would have agreed with you regarding Affleck but his last few movies have proven that he can actually take on that character. I think he has a good shot at making a believable Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Five or ten years ago I would have agreed with you regarding Affleck but his last few movies have proven that he can actually take on that character. I think he has a good shot at making a believable Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Ben Affleck always has, and always will - this half-smirk on his face that betrays any seriousness to his roles. Even when he's in a serious role, I expect his to look directly at the camera and have a smarta** comment.

He has gotten some much-deserved accolades, and I think he'd be a fine Batman - but I can't take him serious for some reason. He's very wooden at times, and the other times, he's almost hammy. I want to see Argo and The Town, but spending $8 on a rental with Ben Affleck is farther down the priority list than my other films I want to see.

Ben Affleck always has, and always will - this half-smirk on his face that betrays any seriousness to his roles. Even when he's in a serious role, I expect his to look directly at the camera and have a smarta** comment.

He has gotten some much-deserved accolades, and I think he'd be a fine Batman - but I can't take him serious for some reason. He's very wooden at times, and the other times, he's almost hammy. I want to see Argo and The Town, but spending $8 on a rental with Ben Affleck is farther down the priority list than my other films I want to see.

The Town was a really good movie and it was surprising to me because Affleck was the character in the movie. He didn't have that smirk and you couldn't see him trying to act. I was in the same boat regarding his acting skills but he has learned how to act. It really is a good flick and will give you a different impression of Affleck as an actor.

I just want to emphasize you haven't seen, arguably, his two greatest on screen performances, and yet are so assured of his current abilities.

And if anyone should be smirkng, it should be Bruce Wayne.

Bruce Wayne is Batman's joke. Nolan and Bale understood that.