• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outliers #1

111 posts in this topic

Either way, a signed and sketched copy just sold for $120 bucks.

I see people saying that others are hyping the book. Chief among them is me, if by hyping you mean trying to get people to buy a book that is truly quality and features a new talent and a completely different take on comics than what the big three are putting out, then yes, I am hyping the book.

I had three copies, one I sold to a boardie, yet am still keeping one regular and one signed copy for my personal collection. The copy I sold was for $30 plus shipping. Paid for my other two copies. Seems like a fair trade.

If you believe in a book, go for it. I read and buy what I like. This is one book I do like .

$120 for the sketch is a crazy price though.

I agree buy what you like. That is the beginning and end of the conversation. But people don't need to tell others they are only in the pump and dump mode because the like and support a book.

Either way, a signed and sketched copy just sold for $120 bucks.

I see people saying that others are hyping the book. Chief among them is me, if by hyping you mean trying to get people to buy a book that is truly quality and features a new talent and a completely different take on comics than what the big three are putting out, then yes, I am hyping the book.

I had three copies, one I sold to a boardie, yet am still keeping one regular and one signed copy for my personal collection. The copy I sold was for $30 plus shipping. Paid for my other two copies. Seems like a fair trade.

I haven't read it but the idea alone reminds me of I Kill Giants. I don't think the author hijacked the plot but it sure sounds familiar...

I read I kill giants, and this is a different story. The girl killed metaphoric giants (cancer) due to a loss. This guy is friends with a Sasquatch. A little different in my opinion.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2013/09/06/cgc-ing-the-outliers-1-here-is-what-you-should-know/#more-982

Thank you to Matthew Swanson for the info.

I received an email this morning in reference to a request sent to CGC about grading ‘The Outliers #1′. There are two issues with the book that have to be accounted for. The first is, many of the books shipped from the publisher had a sticker over the bar code. this was done as some of the bar code printed had the black run together, which made them unreadable by a bar code scanner. The second issue is the dust cover the book was wrapped in. Here is the response from CGC.

“If the book has any kind of dust jacket, the sleeve will not be graded and encapsulated. We cannot safely encapsulate it with the book, there’s the risk of the sleeve shifting in the holder and getting damaged. As for the sticker, if it is on the actual book, the book will be given a green, qualified label. Meaning that there’s a particular defect to the we’re overlooking so that it doesn’t affect the grade of the book. If the sticker is on the sleeve, then it’s not an issue because we won’t grade the sleeve anyway and it will be returned along with the graded comic book.”

http://comicsheatingup.net/2013/09/06/cgc-ing-the-outliers-1-here-is-what-you-should-know/#more-982

I received an email this morning in reference to a request sent to CGC about grading ‘The Outliers #1′. There are two issues with the book that have to be accounted for. The first is, many of the books shipped from the publisher had a sticker over the bar code. this was done as some of the bar code printed had the black run together, which made them unreadable by a bar code scanner. The second issue is the dust cover the book was wrapped in. Here is the response from CGC.

“If the book has any kind of dust jacket, the sleeve will not be graded and encapsulated. We cannot safely encapsulate it with the book, there’s the risk of the sleeve shifting in the holder and getting damaged. As for the sticker, if it is on the actual book, the book will be given a green, qualified label. Meaning that there’s a particular defect to the we’re overlooking so that it doesn’t affect the grade of the book. If the sticker is on the sleeve, then it’s not an issue because we won’t grade the sleeve anyway and it will be returned along with the graded comic book.”

That sucks. If i were to submit to CGC, I would want the sleeve in the holder.

That sucks. If i were to submit to CGC, I would want the sleeve in the holder.

I kind of figured that's how they would do it. Ive ran into this a few times now such as Shadowman "black"

I finally was able to snag one from my lcs back a few weeks ago and can't seem to sell it. Think the 3d craze is toning down other stuff. Does anyone know when #2 comes out?

Its a great book. Crazy low print run. Stash it away for another day.

Yeah if it doesn't sell I won't list it again, I'll just keep it.

Agreed. I posted a couple weeks ago in another thread about sellers killing the market, and I used this book as an example...of course I caught for it because "I shouldn't complain about a book selling above cover", but it still looks like I may have been right...all it takes with a book like this is a few .99$ starting prices and boom...crash. I'm not saying this out of greed, but because I think this craftsmanship of this book is worth at least $25. I wasnt crazy about the story at all, but this was well done, and it sucks to watch it fall so fast.

Definitely not relisting, id rather keep it and loan it to a friend at this point.

It really is a well made comic, the paper is higher stock and thicker also there is some special silver ink colors on the cover, even the slip cover is nice touch. What surprised me most was the smaller size. I haven't been able to find out when #2 hits stands.

falling? really all of the BIN prices seem to be north of 40...

What are they going to do about the next issue? with demand so high, are they going to have to find a new print shop? image?

They are north of $40...but they aren't selling...just sitting there.

If you look at his sales history he lists multiple auctions for the same book to end around the same time. He is effectively competing against himself. It is not surprising that his auctions all ended well below what this book was selling for. Even now he has 3 separate auctions for this book, although he was smart enough to not start them all at $0.99 this time.