• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New DC Lobo looks like a Twilight Reject.

79 posts in this topic

I'm sensing a pattern here. Affleck as Batman. This as Lobo.

Are the people in power, giving up on the fan boys and just going for the teenie bopper dollars?

Do we mean nothing to them? Or do they just assume we will accept "whatever", because we are fan boys?

I'm confused. What is going to be the first appearance of Lobo? Omega Men #3, or....

We mean as much to DC as Sellers mean to Ebay.

This Logo looks like he spends a lot of time on Twitter.

That's Lobo!?! Yeah right, next you're going to tell me that Ben Affleck is Batman! :o

And people have faith that DC won't mess up the Batman/Superman movie. :roflmao:

Actually Warner Bros. is making them.

I have faith in Warner much more than DC Comics.

Warner has given us The Dark Knight Trilogy by Nolan, The best version of Superman we have seen in 30 years with Man of Steel, and countless other great DC animated movies and TV shows. Thank you Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.

I gave up on DC Comics for the most part when they showed how much respect they gave long-time DC fans by cancelling Action Comics,Superman,Batman and Detective Comics, as well as sticking it to hard core DC fans with their DC new 52 reboot.

So if your a Batman and Superman fan like I am be thankful that it`s Warner Bros. that`s now controlling the icons destinies, and not DC Comics.

If it was DC Comics in charge of the movies they would kill Superman,and bring him back with a mullet. ;)

500px-Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_88.jpg

That's Lobo!?! Yeah right, next you're going to tell me that Ben Affleck is Batman! :o

And people have faith that DC won't mess up the Batman/Superman movie. :roflmao:

Actually Warner Bros. is making them.

I have faith in Warner much more than DC Comics.

Warner has given us The Dark Knight Trilogy by Nolan, The best version of Superman we have seen in 30 years with Man of Steel, and countless other great DC animated movies and TV shows. Thank you Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.

I gave up on DC Comics for the most part when they showed how much respect they gave long-time DC fans by cancelling Action Comics,Superman,Batman and Detective Comics, as well as sticking it to hard core DC fans with their DC new 52 reboot.

So if your a Batman and Superman fan like I am be thankful that it`s Warner Bros. that`s now controlling the icons destinies, and not DC Comics.

If it was DC Comics in charge of the movies they would kill Superman,and bring him back with a mullet. ;)

Warner and DC are the same thing when it comes to the movies. It's not like DC isn't owned by a movie studio. If you have faith in Warner/DC pulling off an interstellar Batman/Superman, more power to you, but they have a recent example of screwing up a relatively easy space movie concept in Green Lantern. :tonofbricks:

DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

More like "lean mean fingernail-painting machine"

If you think about it, Lobo in the late 80's-90's exemplified aspects of our society. Perhaps this new version represents the current stage of pussification our society suffers from, and how the newer generations view what makes a character "badass".

Lobo used to frag for the sake of fraggin'. Get his drink wrong? That's a'fraggin'. Don't tip the stripper? That's a'fraggin'.

I can only imagine the reasons this Nancyboy frags people. Because they didn't hydrate and nourish his hair the last time he was at the salon? Because the Intergalactic Walgreens was out of Dr. Scholls Gel Inserts for his butt-shifter boots?

Gah. Truly a dark day for The Main Man.

Yep I don't see sparkly man going after Santa..Santa would kick his tween attracting butt

that is one of the 4 designs isn't it?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08/23/whats-new-in-the-new-52-lobos-new-look#1

second one is the best for me, i hope they haven't chosen that one...not everyone needs to be slender

Was one of them

but according to page

There was a lot of thought put into how the real Lobo should look. Kenneth Rocafort’s various interpretations blew us away, but the design we landed on as the final choice is the last one in the above gallery. In this design, Ken updated Lobo’s facial tattoos and weaponry by adding laser edges to his blades and gloves that’ll give him extra strength with their mechanical usage. In the end, Ken transformed Lobo into a lean, mean killing machine.

Lame.

The first one was the best.

that is one of the 4 designs isn't it?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08/23/whats-new-in-the-new-52-lobos-new-look#1

second one is the best for me, i hope they haven't chosen that one...not everyone needs to be slender

Why are they trying to make Lobo look like a samurai in the concept art?

DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

If you think about it, Lobo in the late 80's-90's exemplified aspects of our society. Perhaps this new version represents the current stage of pussification our society suffers from, and how the newer generations view what makes a character "badass".

Lobo used to frag for the sake of fraggin'. Get his drink wrong? That's a'fraggin'. Don't tip the stripper? That's a'fraggin'.

I can only imagine the reasons this Nancyboy frags people. Because they didn't hydrate and nourish his hair the last time he was at the salon? Because the Intergalactic Walgreens was out of Dr. Scholls Gel Inserts for his butt-shifter boots?

His cigars are being replaced by electronic cigarettes. lol

:roflmao:

Imagine the third or forth concept pictures in the link. Fighting Superman on the moon, and winning!!! While drunk!

I can't.

Lobo has always been a favorite of mine. But he has not benn handled very well. There is so much that could be done with that character, that has not.

His cigars are being replaced by electronic cigarettes. lol

:roflmao:

Imagine the third or forth concept pictures in the link. Fighting Superman on the moon, and winning!!! While drunk!

I can't.

Lobo has always been a favorite of mine. But he has not benn handled very well. There is so much that could be done with that character, that has not.

Imagine if he ofught Wolverine while drunk during a cross over event