• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New DC Lobo looks like a Twilight Reject.

79 posts in this topic

DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

More like "lean mean fingernail-painting machine"

If you think about it, Lobo in the late 80's-90's exemplified aspects of our society. Perhaps this new version represents the current stage of pussification our society suffers from, and how the newer generations view what makes a character "badass".

Lobo used to frag for the sake of fraggin'. Get his drink wrong? That's a'fraggin'. Don't tip the stripper? That's a'fraggin'.

I can only imagine the reasons this Nancyboy frags people. Because they didn't hydrate and nourish his hair the last time he was at the salon? Because the Intergalactic Walgreens was out of Dr. Scholls Gel Inserts for his butt-shifter boots?

Gah. Truly a dark day for The Main Man.

His cigars are being replaced by electronic cigarettes. lol

lol sacrilege!!!!

I am so mad I am not touching another new 52 title. Ridiculous
Ever since they wiped out the entire history and legacy of the Flash family I have refused to touch any of that nu52 S#!(.

http://www.newsarama.com/18756-dc-reveals-new-look-for-lobo-s-first-new-52-appearance-in-what-s-new.html

Lobo_D_kr.jpg

We've already seen Lobo, the Main Man, in the pages of the New 52, right?

Wrong, says DC Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras. The character we saw before was an imposter, and the real Lobo, complete with a new slim redesign, is pissed.

"A ruthless killer, Lobo is on a quest to kill the man who has taken his name," Harras says in the latest "What's New in the New 52" column on the DC Comics blog.

While Rocafort initially went for a more traditional, brawny look, DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

WTF great now he's gay!!

I could see this one work if they gave him a real costume for the upper part and took that heavy feeling out of the bottom armor. The bottom part could possibly look more balanced with a cool upper armor hm

Lobo_B_krcopy.jpg

I can't understand with the obsession for DC wanting to put him in some sort of mechanized outfit right out of some dorky FInal Fantasy game design.

Part of what makes Lobo, Lobo (post-Bisley imagining) is his space-biker outfit and his stereotypical biker/chauvinist behavior that goes with it.

These outfits propose that the Lobo character is to be taken seriously, and that will kill the largest part of what makes him work.

Daryl Banks did this for me. As popular as Sons of Anarchy is, why not just tweak the space biker?

BanksLobo3.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/18756-dc-reveals-new-look-for-lobo-s-first-new-52-appearance-in-what-s-new.html

Lobo_D_kr.jpg

Wrong, says DC Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras. The character we saw before was an imposter, and the real Lobo, complete with a new slim redesign, is pissed.

"A ruthless killer, Lobo is on a quest to kill the man who has taken his name," Harras says in the latest "What's New in the New 52" column on the DC Comics blog.

While Rocafort initially went for a more traditional, brawny look, DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

WTF great now he's gay!!

I think that is a cool character design. But it shouldn't be a Lobo re-vamp.

Lobo_D_kr.jpg

WTF great now he's gay!!

It could be his gay cousin

Lobo_D_kr.jpg

WTF great now he's gay!!

Cousin Labia?

Lobo_D_kr.jpg

WTF great now he's gay!!

Cousin Labia?

Inner or Outer