• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

I know in my case, I come back because I do not consider myself a donkey. I consider myself a person who made mistakes, apologized profusely, and have done better.

How many times have I stated that I have had more successful offers than bad/unsuccessful? Yet this board wants to do nothing but keep the drama going. It's been two years and some people here still do everything in their power to keep reminding me how I screwed up.

I do not feel embarrassed anymore. I feel good when I post a legitimate offer and it's taken. I feel anger when someone comes in with their stupid comments trying to create drama like we are in high school.

How have you done better? Just two months ago that Silver Surfer slab you put up in PIF multiple times, that clearly nobody wanted, you decided was good enough to put in the holiday raffle. It's bad enough when you continually pull this nonsense in PIF, but to filter it into other goodwill threads is just low. There's a reason that offering was claimed pretty late in the raffle, and even then only by somebody who got stuck with it because their order list had run out of options they actually wanted.

People, like me, are mean to you and create 'drama' because you refuse to ever see anything wrong with your actions. You parrot the 'it was all in the past' line, while continually donkeying up the present.

:screwy:

I'm glad someone else noticed that. Disgraceful but not surprising that he would offer that Surfer slab up in an effort to get more free mess.

:facepalm:

I'm all for keeping the PIF the way it is, it's just too damn enjoyable to change it up. In fact, I vote it gets re-stickied so that it can continue to be a shining beacon to all the shills, donkeys, dealers trying to unload their bulk, social media carpetbaggers, pederasts, tantrum throwers, kids from the copper age, Roku stockholders, "that's the best I can do" ers, garbage pickers, time wasters, tire kickers, thrill claimers, looky Lou's, Meeklo's, and your general, run of the mill ne'er-do-well's.

I mean this sincerely, and from the bottom of my heart:

Long live the PIF! :cloud9:

47697-where-is-the-offer-offer-offer.gif

I didnt even get mine from Amazon.... He waited to buy it on Ebay after I agreed to accept a different offer than the one I claimed. :sorry:

ztum8.gif

Meeklo you should have taken my advice last month when I told you to stay away from the PIF

Also the rest of the JDs, shillers and scammers should thank you for taking all the heat from them

The Surfer slab really does not matter...the only person who can have an opinion on it is the person who won it. Otherwise, no one else's opinion matters.

:banana:

You're only half right. Anybody can have an opinion. Whether or not it matters is debatable.

If we did a poll like Kav suggested would the current offer be considered a good one or a bad one. Not picking on the current offer but just trying to gauge how it theoretically would work. I'm hoping the guy with the current offer has thick skin and takes this as information - good or bad.

Sure I do. People will either like it(them) or they won't. :foryou:

They're what I collect and what I've upgraded over time, so they're the books I can spare.

That's why I like the "Don't ship until the next is claimed" rule. My concern is if jaeldubyoo's claim is held up (not sure if it reverts back that far).

I think this statement is one of the biggest reasons the PIF has issues (other then Meeklo). You are offering up the books you "can spare" rather then the books you think the next guy would want equal if not more then a JO 134 & 135. It appears you don't really have much interest in paying it forward but would rather use the thread to get rid of some of your under copies. Am I reading this correctly?

If "interest in paying it forward" means "willing to give up sole copies within a run I'm trying to complete", then I guess no. I'm not. Did I think someone out there may want what I offered? Of course I did. If I didn't already own them, I'd want them. It's looking like the folks IN THE PIF THREAD don't want them. No problem. No one is out anything, but me.

I "drove by", saw an offer I'd like to own, rolled the dice that someone may want some SA Marvel 1st apps for themselves (or their kids/grandkids, whoever). If not, it reverts and someone who wanted jaeldubyoo's offers a few days ago has another chance. What's the problem?

Other than a few days lost, the only problem I see here is someone worrying they won't be able to flip these for as much next week as they can right now :ohnoez:

There are problems with the PIF thread. If my offer is one of them. I am sorry. Again, no one is out anything, except me, and I'll be okay in a couple seconds.

:cloud9: There. All better.

Tomorrow morning (I think it's tomorrow) I guess all will be made right. :applause:

The Surfer slab really does not matter...the only person who can have an opinion on it is the person who won it. Otherwise, no one else's opinion matters.

13024745.gif

And this discussion has been going on for over two years! Is the system working?

Arch, this thread creates nothing but butthurt and animosity amongst the community. If mystery boxes were banned, this thread should be done as well. It's just not getting better and donkeys aren't going anywhere. It also seems to serve as a beacon for shills and lepers. How many shills have been caught participating in PIF over the last year? It allows them to create a quick faux sense of being on the up and up to allow them to then infiltrate other areas of the boards.

The sales subforum is heavily monitored, but PIF is often overlooked so shills use that to their advantage and don't have to be here for long to assimilate when they join in PIF.

3te8VgM.gif

+1 lock it

The potential for negative consequences far outweighs the good.