• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

When people vote on that though, does personal preference come into play? Someone who is a fan of modern indies might not like a handful of older Avengers. So while the offer may be good in terms of value, that person may vote that they are not good enough. I see that the poll is leaning towards assessing the value, but the actual items should also come into consideration.

Poll needs a crack option so people can see the results without skewing the vote one way or the other.

So I am going to go back and vote "not good enough" so I can see the results can someone offset my "crack" vote with a "yeah it's good enough" vote ?

:D

. I see that the poll is leaning towards assessing the value, but the actual items should also come into consideration.

The truth is value is going to be a deciding factor. The only true PIF is going to happen in the RAK thread. Someone who doesn't want value consider is looking for a handout , plan and simple.

When people vote on that though, does personal preference come into play? Someone who is a fan of modern indies might not like a handful of older Avengers. So while the offer may be good in terms of value, that person may vote that they are not good enough. I see that the poll is leaning towards assessing the value, but the actual items should also come into consideration.

I left value out of the poll for a reason. Several factors can make up a comparable offer - value, desirability, uniqueness. It's not a hard science.

"Let the rules work as they are designed."

(thumbs u

I think for most (that have pride), they are dumbfounded by a handful of participants that obviously have ZERO sense of shame. They repeatedly take an offer, put up in mess in response while telling everyone it's great stuff (when you put it up for sale several times and no one wants it ... :whistle: ). Then they come back a month later after their latest shenanigans have been buried with the SAME drek.

If a donkey (look, there are some that clearly are donkeys) pulled some BS and stayed away, great. But they don't!! It's nuts! People that have been deservedly shamed over and over again keep coming back! "This is the last time I'm participating in this thread! :sumo: "

:eyeroll:

Meeklo Any donkey in general, how do you look in the mirror and have any sense of pride? Honestly. How many times can you be run out of that thread then come back with the same BS offers as last time and get run out again...and do it again? Don't you feel embarrassed??? :insane:

I know in my case, I come back because I do not consider myself a donkey. I consider myself a person who made mistakes, apologized profusely, and have done better.

How many times have I stated that I have had more successful offers than bad/unsuccessful? Yet this board wants to do nothing but keep the drama going. It's been two years and some people here still do everything in their power to keep reminding me how I screwed up.

I do not feel embarrassed anymore. I feel good when I post a legitimate offer and it's taken. I feel anger when someone comes in with their stupid comments trying to create drama like we are in high school.

This has been talked about and not true.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9179451#Post9179451

"Let the rules work as they are designed."

(thumbs u

I think for most (that have pride), they are dumbfounded by a handful of participants that obviously have ZERO sense of shame. They repeatedly take an offer, put up in mess in response while telling everyone it's great stuff (when you put it up for sale several times and no one wants it ... :whistle: ). Then they come back a month later after their latest shenanigans have been buried with the SAME drek.

If a donkey (look, there are some that clearly are donkeys) pulled some BS and stayed away, great. But they don't!! It's nuts! People that have been deservedly shamed over and over again keep coming back! "This is the last time I'm participating in this thread! :sumo: "

:eyeroll:

Meeklo Any donkey in general, how do you look in the mirror and have any sense of pride? Honestly. How many times can you be run out of that thread then come back with the same BS offers as last time and get run out again...and do it again? Don't you feel embarrassed??? :insane:

I know in my case, I come back because I do not consider myself a donkey. I consider myself a person who made mistakes, apologized profusely, and have done better.

How many times have I stated that I have had more successful offers than bad/unsuccessful? Yet this board wants to do nothing but keep the drama going. It's been two years and some people here still do everything in their power to keep reminding me how I screwed up.

I do not feel embarrassed anymore. I feel good when I post a legitimate offer and it's taken. I feel anger when someone comes in with their stupid comments trying to create drama like we are in high school.

This has been talked about and not true.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9179451#Post9179451

The conversation at that link has absolutely nothing to do with what I just said.

And why can't everyone just say, "you know...Meeklo may be right...he made mistakes, apologized for them, and he improved himself." I know some have done that but others cannot seem to put down the drama and want to keep it going.

All you are doing is :baiting:

Informal Poll Time

Meeklo seems to think he has cleansed his past and has moved out of the Donkey status so lets see what the peanut gallery thinks. Take the poll with a grain of salt but I'd also suggest Meeklo take the results and gauge if this page is for him:

I've already stated that I don't want to participate anymore. I'll contribute to conversation, but I'm not claiming or giving offers anymore.

I'll even make it official and add it to my signature so everyone on the board can see it and not roll their eyes thinking I'm going to go back.

Officially: I will not claim or take and offer in PIF anymore!

I've already stated that I don't want to participate anymore. I'll contribute to conversation, but I'm not claiming or giving offers anymore.

I don't remember you saying this. I think it's wise and good for you making the decision.

I don't remember you saying this. I think it's wise and good for you making the decision.

Yeah it was last night...

End of this post... http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9183167#Post9183167

I wanted to give an opinion without anyone thinking I have some personal agenda since it seems no one trusts me. If I don't participate, then how am I going to benefit from any opinion or suggestion I make?

I'll even make it official and add it to my signature so everyone on the board can see it and not roll their eyes thinking I'm going to go back.

What are you contributing by taking part in the conversation? (shrug)

If someone feels a poll is needed I think that's a very clear message that your presence is not productive moving forward.

If someone feels a poll is needed I think that's a very clear message that your presence is not productive moving forward.

So why does anyone participate in conversation without participating in the offers? There have been a lot of people putting in their 2c lately and they do not actually participate in PIF offers. So why not?

So why does anyone participate in conversation without participating in the offers? There have been a lot of people putting in their 2c lately and they do not actually participate in PIF offers. So why not?

For myself the reason is I'd like to participate when the kinks/donkeys are works out. I have spoken to several others who also refrain from participating due to the donkeys as well.

Then instead of people attacking me...why doesn't everyone get back on track of how to fix the PIF?

Problems:

1. People who could game the system:

Solutions: Upping post count and/or setting a membership time limit, creating a PIF Probation List (someone needs to work on the details of this)

2. People who constantly complain, mock, and put down others.

Solutions: Refer to is as "threadkrapping" and treat it like the sales threads (make it PIF Probation List punishable?), keep comments constructive, PM the offeror with suggestions instead of openly flaming them

Then instead of people attacking me...why doesn't everyone get back on track of how to fix the PIF?

Problems:

Solutions: Upping post count and/or setting a membership time limit, creating a PIF Probation List (someone needs to work on the details of this)

Solutions: Refer to is as "threadkrapping" and treat it like the sales threads (make it PIF Probation List punishable?), keep comments constructive, PM the offeror with suggestions instead of openly flaming them

I'll be blunt because clearly you are having an issue admitting the obvious.

You are the biggest donkey of PIF, and this is not just my opinion.

Why on earth is anyone going to value your suggestions in regards to gaming the system when so many feel that is all you do?

Why should those who call out the repeat offenders be punished?

No, those are not questions I'd like you to answer.

You have stated you are done, so be done and kick those rocks.

Problems:

I can understand why people would thinking this...but why would someone go straight to saying a person is a donkey instead of the more likely "he made mistakes". If you were to make a mistake, how would you like to be immediately labeled a "D-bag" or some other derogatory name?

Why on earth is anyone going to value your suggestions in regards to gaming the system when so many feel that is all you do?

I have proven myself time and time again...not just on PIF but elsewhere on the board. I have a good reputation in the sales thread and everywhere else here. At this point, if you have a negative opinion of me, then maybe the problem lies with you!

For the same reason that bullies in grade school are starting to be punished for what they say and do. It is unnecessary, and it does not do anything except bring others down. Plus, who is anyone here to judge others? It also depends on how they are called out. People hear cannot separate "calling out" and "spite". Instead of being constructive about it...like 1Cool does for example...others have to immediately jump to conclusions and put the person down without listening or considering their circumstances.

Too bad...I do not get attack and NOT defend myself. That's not the way I work anymore. You don't want the answer, then don't ask the question. You have every ability to not instigate this as well.

Then close the thread! No one else's option is any better than mine and mine is not better than anyone else's. Again, if no one understands that, then the thread will continue to have problems.

Problems:

I can understand why people would thinking this...but why would someone go straight to saying a person is a donkey instead of the more likely "he made mistakes". If you were to make a mistake, how would you like to be immediately labeled a "D-bag" or some other derogatory name?

I have proven myself time and time again...not just on PIF but elsewhere on the board. I have a good reputation in the sales thread and everywhere else here. At this point, if you have a negative opinion of me, then maybe the problem lies with you!

For the same reason that bullies in grade school are starting to be punished for what they say and do. It is unnecessary, and it does not do anything except bring others down. Plus, who is anyone here to judge others? It also depends on how they are called out. People hear cannot separate "calling out" and "spite". Instead of being constructive about it...like 1Cool does for example...others have to immediately jump to conclusions and put the person down without listening or considering their circumstances.

Too bad...I do not get attack and NOT defend myself. That's not the way I work anymore. You don't want the answer, then don't ask the question. You have every ability to not instigate this as well.

Then close the thread! No one else's option is any better than mine and mine is not better than anyone else's. Again, if no one understands that, then the thread will continue to have problems.

Screaming at a Wall is one of my favorite songs by Minor Threat. It doesn't mean I want to do that.

Have a nice month Meeklo.

You continue with this "I've made mistakes in the past" as if it was an isolated incident or two and you've learned from them and changed. :insane:

Meeklo, this discussion is so circular with you. You've made "mistakes"...then made more "mistakes"...then more....and more. At what point can we say: mistakes.

CAHokie pointed out in PIF recently that you posted an Image First: TWD #1 as a TWD #1 with a "this may be a reprint, what do I know." meh

Then another time you posted a Spider-Man Animated Series "animation cell" as an offer and some BELIEVED it was an original animation cell until someone had to point out it was a common junk promotional item thrown-in.

I feel like you've actually evolved in your attempts to cheat members here. :D

That's terrific that you sold books and successfully shipped them (worship) but that doesn't give you any sort of great reputation.

You've also said several times in the past that you're done with PIF and two months pass and suddenly you jump on in with a :takeit:

You continue with this "I've made mistakes in the past" as if it was an isolated incident or two and you've learned from them and changed. :insane:

Meeklo, this discussion is so circular with you. You've made "mistakes"...then made more "mistakes"...then more....and more. At what point can we say: mistakes.

People can make more than one mistake...and they were all different kinds of mistakes...not knowing how to participate...retracting an offer/claim...assuming I could take just part of an offer...and I have no problem admitting them and apologizing.

CAHokie pointed out in PIF recently that you posted an Image First: TWD #1 as a TWD #1 with a "this may be a reprint, what do I know." meh

That wasn't recent...that was back in August. And again, everyone just wants to use those few times as examples of possible wrongdoing...how about linking and referencing the 3-4 times that I have had no problems since that one that CAHokie posted?

Then another time you posted a Spider-Man Animated Series "animation cell" as an offer and some BELIEVED it was an original animation cell until someone had to point out it was a common junk promotional item thrown-in.

Was that offered in PIF? I know it was in the Raffle...

I feel like you've actually evolved in your attempts to cheat members here. :D

How exactly have I cheated anyone...all anyone has done is provide examples of mistakes. I have not cheated anyone, on here or in real life. Again, it seems everyone has see these mistakes and immediately jumped to the conclusion that I must be trying to cheat people. Which, I can understand why people thinking that but let me be perfectly clear: I am not cheating anyone...ever!

That's terrific that you sold books and successfully shipped them (worship) but that doesn't give you any sort of great reputation.

Doesn't give me a bad one either...

You've also said several times in the past that you're done with PIF and two months pass and suddenly you jump on in with a :takeit:

I have never said that I quit PIF...until last night/today

Meeklo isn't the only JD. There are others who also try to game the system maybe not to those extremes

I do not participate because of this.

I'd rather give the books away in charity threads or send them to friends etc