• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Folks are upset about getting free stuff in the Paid In Full thread?

Well that's interestingly absurd.

Well, now the righteous indignation has moved on to getting upset over people not discussing the topic at hand and/or mocking those that make the Irony Fairy and the Hyperbole Gnome roll their eyes in contempt.

The Irony Fairy left a ton of money under my pillow when I was a kid. The Hyperbole Gnome was a miser though. I assume everyone experienced the same?

You are right.

Laying gravel in a boneyard doesn't make you a frankfurter.

Sometimes when I get what I don't deserve, I cruise on right through to the clown show and make off with the pinata. And let me tell you, those are the nights that the turpentine goes on real, real thin.

Are you Beck? hm

yes and yes......., and yes. Chokin' on the splinters.

No, some people are concerned the PIF thread is being "gamed" by certain people who scope it out for expensive goodies and then offer up the same "donkey junk" over and over and over.

e.g. Claiming a nice CGC comic, large TPB run or Gerber Photojournals set, and offering the same VG run of Team America 5-10 that has gone unclaimed the last 35 times it got offered.

One man's junk is another man's treasure?

No, one man's junk continually clogs up the PIF thread because no one in the world wants it.

I would say 95% of the PIF crowd plays fair and uses common sense, but that other 5% is definitely gaming the system for their own profit. I read about half the entire thread, and the patterns are quite obvious.

No, some people are concerned the PIF thread is being "gamed" by certain people who scope it out for expensive goodies and then offer up the same "donkey junk" over and over and over.

e.g. Claiming a nice CGC comic, large TPB run or Gerber Photojournals set, and offering the same VG run of Team America 5-10 that has gone unclaimed the last 35 times it got offered.

Perfectly summarized.

I do have an idea that might work.. How about making it a rule to post

:takeit: pending pm
and the person taking the offer PM's his next offer to the person with the current offer. They then discuss and/or accept/decline through PM. That way nobody can say anything about what is being offered next..

Just a thought. I'm cool with whatever the board wants.

I do have an idea that might work.. How about making it a rule to post

and the person taking the offer PM's his next offer to the person with the current offer. They then discuss and/or accept/decline through PM. That way nobody can say anything about what is being offered next..

Just a thought. I'm cool with whatever the board wants.

You know, while there are numerous flaws, that just MIGHT work hm(shrug)

and the person taking the offer PM's his next offer to the person with the current offer. They then discuss and/or accept/decline through PM. That way nobody can say anything about what is being offered next.

But then the junk donkeys will get all butthurt with being refused in public (as the old offer will reactivate) and hilarity will ensue.

There's really no answer, other than everyone lining up and getting a fortified shot of "common sense".

It would at least beg for some more civil discourse, as tips might be given and offers discussed outside of the public eye.

If people are going to get in a fight over it, they might not flood the thread with it. On the other hand they might.. meh.

It would at least beg for some more civil discourse, as tips might be given and offers discussed outside of the public eye.

But most PIF members understand what's going on, and if someone is "gaming" the system, then no amount of tips or advise will change anything - the junk donkeys are only there to grab free gold and dispense with useless junk.

One of my ideas is to enforce a "maximum value" limit to any PIF freebee, the same way you do with office gifts. That way, there will still be great reading for all, but less of the stupidity when someone does go a bit overboard.

And certain PIF members REALLY like Mystery boxes, and ?????'s, and tantrums.

That thread is a like a :censored: soap opera.

Always wondered about this:

Are there any per/month, etc. limits on the PIF thread, or can junk donkeys just claim everything they can and keep offering up the same stuff over and over?

And certain PIF members REALLY like Mystery boxes, and ?????'s, and tantrums.

That thread is a like a :censored: soap opera.

Always wondered about this:

Are there any per/month, etc. limits on the PIF thread, or can junk donkeys just claim everything they can and keep offering up the same stuff over and over?

Yes, there is a limit.