• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEIRD WAR TALES... long runs in high grade

194 posts in this topic

Thank you kind sir!

That's it for this morning. And full disclosure time... Someone has expressed interest in the balance of the books in the run. Still not a done thing, but I will let you all know if the deal goes through. If not, I'll be be posting the balance of the run, probably tomorrow.

My next sale will be a very pretty run of Our Fighting Forces, basically from #123 to the end of the run. Hoping to kick it off on Monday, but we'll see how that goes.

Thanks again friends!

Shep

I sure picked the wrong time to get some housework done. :cry:

I picture you only in a French housemaid's apron, proudly displaying that Richie Rich tatoo..., :luhv:

I picture you only in a French housemaid's apron, proudly displaying that Richie Rich tatoo..., :luhv:

You frighten me sometimes. :eek:

;)

You frighten me sometimes. :eek:

;)

Just the way you like it...., ;)

Weird War #74 NM+ Gorgeous. White pages. $16.00

wwt74_zps4ce5ce4b.jpeg

Not a great cover or story. But I will take it for the condition. :takeit:

Put it on my pile please.

Thanks!

I remember buying a copy of this book off the newsstands (along with pretty much every other issue from 1978 onwards!). The inside front cover has an ad for Atlantic HO soldiers... you sent a buck, and they sent you a Catalog and a box of soldiers of their choice. I remember going to the bank, exchanging my Canadian dollar for an American dollar, dropping it in the mail, and getting a package about three weeks later. They sent me a pack of Afrika Korps soldiers and I have to admit that I was over the moon!

Hi everyone!

Thanks again - looks like my deal to sell the balance of the run is going to work out, so that's it for this thread.

I will send out invoices tonight. My paypal addy is offbeatcomics@hotmail.com

Before I do the Our Fighting Forces sales thread, I am going to do a general war sales thread starting later this morning. It will be an exciting sale. There will be some Atlas war (including a couple of tough to find, violent Heath cover), some nice EC's (inlcuding Two Fisted Tales #18), high grade Captain Storms, and a significant run of affordable lower to mid grade DC war from the silver age up (with a few nice copies in there, to be sure.)

See you there!

Shep