• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading contest!

33 posts in this topic

Nikos,

I want to give you a "thanks", and a round of applause for the grading contest. 893applaud-thumb.gif

By putting us into teams, you have made a bond between us that certainly was not there before.

At this point, our team will probably not be finishing on top, but I feel like a winner with a prize of three new friends.

To me, that's a much better than any comic book can replace.

To all the other teams...I hope you've had as much fun with this as we did.

And I hope you have all gained friendships out of it.

Thanks,

Steve

headbang.gif

BTW, love your avatar DiceX!

Hands down, the best horror movie so far this century. thumbsup2.gif

confused.gif

btw, speaking of horror movies, my speakers just started making noise (a voice talking) even though I'm not running anything through them currently!

(My tuner is set on "VCR", but the VCR is on L1, the equivalent of channel 0!)

893whatthe.gif

BTW, love your avatar DiceX!

Hands down, the best horror movie so far this century. thumbsup2.gif

Excellent movie. Really looking forward to The Devil's Rejects. Rob said he is done with horror movies after this one. He wants to do other stuff.

Why is this movie so great?

(And did anyone see "Shaun of the Dead" this weekend?!??! GREAT movie! I'm still conflicted about how to feel after seeing it, though. Am I horrified? Am I amused? I DON'T KNOW!!!!)

Excellent movie. Really looking forward to The Devil's Rejects. Rob said he is done with horror movies after this one. He wants to do other stuff.

What'd you like about "House of 1000 Corpses"? I haven't seen it yet.

Did you see "The Ring"? That's the best horror film I've seen this century. I kinda like "21 Days Later" also, but "The Ring" gave me a more distinct sense of terror/suspense as opposed to morbid horror like "21 Days Later" did.

Just a selection of comments from...... http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/house_of_1000_corpses/

"Mr. Zombie's shameless pilfering, derivative and uninspired writing, and ham-fisted direction result in a chaotic mess."

-- Gary Dowell, DALLAS MORNING NEWS

"A cobwebbed, mummified horror entry that makes obvious, cartoonishly grotesque demands for attention."

-- Scott Foundas, VARIETY

"House of 1000 Corpses isn't coherent, exactly, but what dripping-ghoul horror movie is these days?"

-- Owen Gleiberman, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"In this field of endeavour, any intense reaction is unsustainable, for the obvious reason that the guiding principle of repetition comes with an inevitable corollary and unavoidable side-effect -- sheer boredom."

-- Rick Groen, GLOBE AND MAIL

"Generates little in the way of genuine terror or suspense."

-- Barrett Hooper, NATIONAL POST

"Possibly the greatest waste of celluloid since Jerry Lewis was first allowed to stand before a camera."

-- Peter Howell, TORONTO STAR

"Neither scary, perversely funny nor suspenseful, this demented dung heap is not even inventively gory."

-- Megan Lehmann, NEW YORK POST

"Parts have been cannibalized from better shockers and, worse, the stitches holding them together are so obvious they glow in the dark."

-- Glenn Lovell, SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS

"I'm not sure Zombie really wants to scare us at all. Turn our stomachs; maybe, scratch our heads, sure. But scares are not really on the Zombie menu."

-- Wesley Morris, BOSTON GLOBE

"Wit follows coherence out the window."

-- Alex Pappademas, VILLAGE VOICE

But, go ahead. Form your own opinion.

Nikos,

I want to give you a "thanks", and a round of applause for the grading contest. 893applaud-thumb.gif

By putting us into teams, you have made a bond between us that certainly was not there before.

At this point, our team will probably not be finishing on top, but I feel like a winner with a prize of three new friends.

Thanks,

Steve

headbang.gif

Who's on your team? stooges.gif

Nikos,

Thanks,

Steve

headbang.gif

crazy.gifgrin.gifyay.gif

Nikos,

Thanks,

Steve

headbang.gif

crazy.gifgrin.gifyay.gif

A crazy guy, a grinning guy, and a banana?

hi.gif

Nikos,

Thanks,

Steve

headbang.gif

crazy.gifgrin.gifyay.gif

A crazy guy, a grinning guy, and a banana?

hi.gif

Oops...Typo...

stooges.gif <-----!

BTW....I thought it......sukked. Hugely.

"House of 1000 Corpses" got a 16% rotten rating from RottenTomatoes. I notice "The Ring" got 72% and "28 Days Later" got 89%, so it looks like those two are definite candidates for horror film of the century.